Chapter 1: Family Issues

A 20-year-old man, with the help of his 19-year-old girlfriend helping a giant family of brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews - along with a dying grandmother. Seems a little weird.

Kevin McHudson was really struggling to find a job. He refuses help from his girlfriend (and future wife), Sheri, because he thought it would be too much, even though he knew that he needed the help badly.

Kevin may be young, but his love for his family and friends burns harder than charcoal dipped in a mix of gasoline and lighter fluid on a propane grill in the middle of Summer. You'd think, what with him still living with his parents and other relatives, he'd be one of those lazy bums who were looking for a job.

Oh, Kevin was looking for a job alright. 24/7. He just couldn't find anything. 

The jobs he DID apply for turned him down because he wasn't a "people's person."

Kevin was more of the quiet, do-it-themselves, mind-their-own-business, do-what-your-told-with-no-questions kind of guy. 

He also loved reading books, especially history books. He loved catching up on news and reading about the past generations. He loved learning about conflicts, treaties, and wars. He loved learning about different strategies that people have used to win wars (like George Washington's surprise attack from the Delaware River) and the like.

Kevin and his family lived in a backwater, hut-like piece of constructional garbage that looked like a hobo could reside in. His family can barely live off of the little supply of resources they have, and even though not many other family members knew this as well, Kevin knew that soon, the resources will vanish, and his family will perish.