I promise (Oneshot)

Gerard purposely stayed behind when Ray, Mikey and Bob left for soundcheck in the morning. Due to Frank's excessive energy on stage, Bob's kick was not working properly, jamming every few touches. They'd ordered a new one and Bob needed to test it out. Though, that was only Bob. Gerard still hadn't gone, and he knew Ray's guitar was having some difficulty as well, going staticky through the amp when he played high notes. In other words, everyone would be grateful for this soundcheck.

Gerard sighed and felt the familiar pain in his stomach as he made his way to the back of the bus. The kind of pain he got when he was about to go onstage and give over thousands of people his all. But, that was always a good pain. A nervous pain that arrived before every show no matter how often the band would play- even if the days were consecutive. The pain in his stomach now was a bad-nervous kind of pain. The kind he got when he was debating on whether he should show the guys a knew song, or if he should tell Frank that he really disagreed with that chord he played.

He stepped over a dirty White shirt with a small blood stain from a few nights ago when Frank busted his lip, deciding to be a ninja and jump off of the monitor and land on his face. He passed the bunks and finally made it to the small ass hall like thing where the bathroom was located.

The door was halfway open and in it he could see the back of Frank. He was in Grey pajama pants and had no socks on his feet. His skin looked paler underneath the bathroom light and his tattoos almost blended in with his skin from the brightness.

Gerard absolutely loved Frank's tattoos. Whenever Frank showed up on the bus and told everyone about it, he'd always have this glint in his eyes when they looked at each other. Frank always knew that later that night, when they were alone, Gerard would obsess over it, skimming his pale and bony fingers across his gorgeous tanned skin, mumbling to Frank why he liked it and eventually lulling Frank to sleep with his dry voice.

"Frank."

Frank's body stiffened and Gerard watched the way his muscles flexed as he reached up to turn off the faucet, and then turn behind him to get a towel to wipe his face down. Gerard's stomach felt like it was on the verge of exploding when Frank's hardened Hazel eyes met his. Frank set the towel down on the counter and Gerard tried to not let his eyes wonder down his chest and toned stomach, examining the colored skin. "What, Gerard?" Frank huffed, not in the mood for apologies.

"Please talk to me. You've been avoiding me- and that's kind of hard to do seeing as we see each other everyday." Gerard explained, flexing his fingers. Frank scoffed and crossed his arms, leaning against the doorframe. "If we talk about this, then-"

"That's the thing. I don't feel like talking right now. I'm gonna go get ready for soundcheck." Frank muttered, making to walk around Gerard when Gerard grabbed his arm and whirled Frank around, pinning him against the wooden wall. "Stop." Frank breathes, weakly slapping Gerard's hand away. "Sometimes talking doesn't solve everything, Gerard."

"But it gets us one step closer to resolving the problem. You wouldn't even let me explain!" Gerard said in a desperate tone, knowing that soon Frank would be walking off and again, Gerard would feel the guilt eat at him. "That's because there's nothing to explain. You ditched me for some...summer fling you had when you were like fucking...17. I was waiting for you and then I take it upon myself to find you and-"

"I didn't ditch you for her, Frank. I honestly was trying to leave to meet up with you on time, and when you showed up was when she kissed me. You have to believe me, Frank. I would never do that to you- ever- and it hurts me that you still think I would after all this time."

Frank's face was emotionless, but he sure as hell was letting his emotions take over. His heartbeat sped up and it was in that instant that he knew Gerard was telling the truth. Gerard would never do that to him. Gerard would never intentionally hurt him. Gerard cared for Frank and loves him so much he was willing to die for him that day when they left the bar, drunk off there asses, and ran into that group of thugs. Now that Frank thought about it, he realized that the past few days must have been hell for Gerard.

Gerard has had to be around him all day every day and watch Frank ignore him like he was nothing but air. Gerard has had to think and rethink in his mind of what to say and do to get Frank to believe him and prove that his accusation was actually wrong.

"I'm sorry, Gee." Frank whispered, staring at Gerard's collarbones, visible because of his leather jacket not being zipped up all the way. If Frank focused some more, he could even see the fading-almost completely gone- hickey he had given him about a week ago. "You probably hate me now. You're so pissed at me- I know it." Frank hung his head in shame and shivered from the cold air surrounding them.

"No, Frank," Gerard said quietly, barely a whisper as he brought a hand up to hold the side of Frank's face. Frank immediately leaned into his cool palm, biting his lip ring in nervousness at Gerard's next words- Gerard was known for talking sweet one minute and then covertly changing his words around util you thought he was crazy. "I'm not mad at you. I'm just a little offended is all." Gerard closed the small distance between them and Frank wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, the side of his face against Gerard's neck. Gerard rubbed Frank's back soothingly.

"I love you so much, Frank." Frank smiled then. Whenever Gerard told Frank he loves him, it always felt like it was the first time he said those words- it always felt like they were back in Gerard's room, laying on the bed together after having a Star Wars marathon.

"I promise I didn't do anything to provoke the kiss. I didn't kiss back. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry."

Frank wanted to protest but he knew Gerard would only retaliate with a lecture and they really needed to leave for soundcheck. Frank had already woke up late. "I love you, Gee." Frank said, his voice scratchy as he lifted his head up to kiss the side of Gerard's mouth, his nose cool against Gerard's warm skin.

"I promise, I won't ever hurt you, Frankie." Gerard used his hand to hold Frank's head in place as he pushed his lips against his boyfriend's, Frank's minty breath and Gerard's coffee scented one mingling together like always. "I believe you." Frank said through the kiss, pulling at Gerard's jacket to bring him closer. "I trust you, Gerard."

***

The end. I'm hungry. <3 ICECREAM.....

(Not edited)