Chapter one: The wakening

hi this is my first upload please tell me what you think. hope you enjoy i will upload a new chapter every time i finish it. or every friday. so give me feed back please

Chapter 1

I sat in the er again. I promises myself that the last time was the last time I would let him do this to me. My hand was numb I knew it was broken again. I sighed to myself and flinched from pain. I couldn't believe I fell for his sorries again. He is the biggest shit i know. i can't believe I let him do this to me again. I just couldn't do this any more or next time I would be dead. My life had to much meaning to end now. I'm smarter then this. My mother told me to be strong, go after my dreams. I'm sick and tired of being scarried and alone. After getting done here I was going home to pack my bags. Mom was right I had to live. To become the person i was ment to be. Not some one who took this shit and turned the other cheek, I was done being that type of person. I fought back every time so why havent I had the currage yet to walk out and not come back.

" Serenity Jonson." A middle aged nurse called wearring micky mouse scrubs.

I stood up and walked over to the nurse. She looked at me then down at her chart.

"Are your parents here sweety?"she asked

"My mother is dead and my father had to work." I told her with a sad smile

"This way honey." She said with a reashering smile

We walked in to a little room were she took my weight, hieght, and blood pressure. Sitting down at her computer entering the information she just took. She started asking her normal questions. When was my last period how many sex parters have I had. When I told her none she smiled as if that was a nice change. Then she asked me what was wrong.

"I fell down the stairs at home. I'm a real cluz. " I told her. " My chest hurts and its hard to breath. My left knee hurts the most and is really bruising. My wright wrist is really swollen."

She looked at me with a eye brow raised. "I know that you didnt fall down some stairs. I can see finger marks on your neck. Why dont you tell me what really happened."

"I feel down some stairs at home." I repeated with a frown

"Ok is this your current address." I looked down at the fake address i had given the front desk and nodded my head yea." ok well this way" she said standing up and walked though the ER to a hospital room. "Please put these on and a doctor will be in shortly" she said laying down a hospital gown. Walking to the door. "You know you can talk to us. We can help you."

"i dont need any help. There's nothing wrong." i told her in a very firm tone

"i'm here if you need me." She gave one last smile and walked out and back up to the front office. I took off my clothes in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My body was covered in bruises my whole left side looked like it had been kicked in, which it had but they would never know that. I walked into the room sat on the bed. the doctor walked in a half an hour later. hospitals should really revise there lingo. telling some one they would be there soon is a lot diffrent then a half and hour.

"So I see you are having some pain in your ribs, your left hand is swollen, and your knee is some what painfull. Any thing else." He said looking up from the paper work in his hand. I shake my head no

"Are you going to tell me how you got those injuries."

Again I must lie "I fell down the stairs at home."

His eyes darkened "We both know thats a lie. So why dont you stop lieing and tell me what happened." He said glarring at me.

"I told you the truth." I said smuggle

"Ok you relize that you can get help." He said

"I don't need your help there's nothing wrong." I said roling my eyes

"Then lets get your xrays and see whats going on." He said scribbling "Your lucky it's slow I can call the xray now."

He walked away and goes to call xray. I sigh again why did he have to push the subject. Why couldn't these people just leave it alone. Leave me alone. I thought as a man stepped through the door to take me for xrays. Hours later I found out that I had a broken wrist, three cracked ribs a fractured knee cap and several bruised organs.

I was so out of here. Once they released me I was going home and while he is passed out im packing and leaving for good. He thinks im to scarried to leave for good well im not any more. Im going to live. Im not dieing by his hands.

The nurse came in and rapped my ribs, slpinted and cast my wrist. Finally put a knee splint on so I couldn't move it so it could heel.

"Doctor said you need to keep that knee in the brace for three to four months to heel properly. See your regual doctor for more xrays to make sure ok." She says fighting the knee brace to my leg. I nod my head in agreement. Sorry knee your not resting tonight. She came over with my distcharge papers.

"Ok hon, here are your discharge papers and your script for pain medician." She handed me the papers to sign. I scribbled my name on the line.

"Keep the script I wont use it." I told her

"What hon your going to need the medicians! Your going to be in a lot of pain." She said with a worried expression. I could see she ment well but I wasn't going to be like him. I never took pain killers ever not even for a migraine. I would deel.

"I don't need them" I told her fermly

"Ok, well here are your crutches you want me to call some on to pick you up." She asked nicely

"No im driving my self." I took the chrutches and hobbled towred the exit. Sorry crutches your life is short just like the brace. I couldn't use them were I was going.

I walk out the exit to my moms old pick up. Through the crutches back behind my seat, ripped the knee brace off and let it lie with the crutches. I started the truck took a big breath. I'm done time to head to the house and pack my bags. Mom I wisper give me strangth to do this. I look up and pull out of the parking lot. Im going to do this he will never tell me again how weak I am or beat me again. I will never again lissen to his sorries. Its time to go.