The Many Faces of Rhea

A/N: Okay. Deep breath. Even though I've been on Wattpad for a while, this is the first time I'm uploading anything. So, criticism is most welcome. Please, if you enjoy it, tell people? I wanna know what people think. I'll upload a few chapters to start off with, just so you can get a feel for my style.

Also, I have NO idea what to call it, so any suggestions would be totally welcome!

Thank you!!

Chapter One

T

he lights pulsed and the base created a throb that started in the ground and ended in my body. I sat in a slightly darkened booth, alone, watching. Watching as bodies writhed and glided, slid and pumped. I wasn’t one of them, but it didn’t stop me from watching in amazement. They were so…free. Whatever their lives consisted of, whatever sorrows or pain they suffered, here- here it was all meaningless.

Personally, the idea of grinding up on numerous strangers and touching all sorts of bodies makes me nauseous. But I’ve always enjoyed other people’s expression. And dancing was a language anyone could understand.

So I sat in my booth, sipping my (virgin) mojito- I was on the clock, after all- and viewed a world I would never be a part of. But this is my choice.

Finally- finally! - I saw him. Tall, blonde, built. The typical post-college jock. Handsome? Definitely.

 He was making his way to the bar, keeping his eyes peeled on the half naked forms all around him. 

He would sit at the bar and wait for one of them to approach him. He did. I knew it; I knew him.  And I would be that girl.

I took one last fortifying sip- although one could argue that sans alcohol, the drink was hardly fortifying at all-   and got up, not bothering to pull down my dress where it had ridden up a little. Not that it would cause much of a reaction, anyways. It was one of the more modest outfits in this place.

And it was hardly modest.

I pushed my way through the crowd, cringing slightly as sweat soaked arms and torsos made contact with my already heated skin.

Once I had him in my sights again, I made my way straight to the empty seat beside him, although judging by how fast that red-head was moving, it wouldn’t be empty for long. I quickened my step- I couldn’t allow her to take my place- and made it into the seat about three seconds before she did. She narrowed her eyes at me and looked like she was about to growl or backhand me- or both- but I just smiled blandly back at her. Suck on that, bitch. I have work to do.

And then I turned to my companion. 

Reid Gastello.

Who was already looking at me.

The twinkle in his blue eyes said he’d seen the little scene with the red-head. I watched him carefully as his gaze traveled up and down my body, knowing what he would see: long, wavy blonde hair, brown eyes, lightly made-up face. A strapless black dress that flared out at the waist and ended mid-thigh. Legs clad in sheer tights and ending in black sky-scraper ankle-boots that made it looked like they extended for days.

I held back a grimace of distaste.

It’s all part of the job. Just part of the job.

I’d made this my mantra years ago.

Keeping the smile on my face I turned away from him and leaned over the counter, calling the bar-tender over. Just as I was opening my mouth to order, I was cut off.