The Girls With Golden Faces

"Pete!" Alexis screamed as the harsh pins crushed her scalp. "How many threads?" A fat lady asked. "One!" Alexis said terrified that anyone would want more. The lady pulled at her hair, hard, until' it became a knotted braid. Once the women finished Alexis jumped from the chair and ran to Jumper. "Only get one!" She said flicking her braid. Jumper nodded then hopped up onto the chair. Terrifieing screams left her mouth. A purple ribbon hung from Jumper's head, she was horrified by it. Next thing Jumper knew her hair was yanked back, "How many threads?" The fat lady asked. "One!" She yelled.

     In the mirror, the two girls looked at them selves in horror. "I can't belive this is a fashion statement." Jumper broke the silence. "I know." Just then Pete and Hardyn burst in, with blue faces, "Hey guys! Guess what?!" Hardyn exclamed. "What?" Alexis asked. "We are all getting face pa!" Pete smiled widely. "What?! WHY!!??" Jumper asked horrorfied. "Comon, Jumps, it's totally of the chain! everyone else is doing it! You two gotta! Please?" Hardyn begged. "Fine! But when we are all old and ugly, the face pa's not gona come off." Alexis protested. "We know now common, please?" Pete asked. "Yeah yeah we're going." Alexis said as the girls walked away.

   Jumper hopped back on the chair. The fat women asked, "Gold or silver?" "Gold." Jumper said nevously. The women dipped a big brush into the gold pa and said, "Close your eyes kid." Jumper did as she was told. The pa was cold as it was spreed on her face. Ater two minutes the pa was dry and Jumper walked over to Alexis, "Get gold." she said. "I will." Alexis promised. Alexis jump onto the chair, "What color?" the fat lady asked. "Gold." She said strongly. She grasped her chair as the cold pa struck her face. Two minutes after it was on she walked to the bathrooms. Jumper  was inside waiting for her.

  "You guys look amazing!" Hardyn said as he lead the whole group into the bathroom. "Are we really the only ones who got golden?" Jumper asked looking around at all the faces. "I geuss we are." Alexis sigh touching her face. Almost every guy got light cool blue and the girls all got silver. "Great." The girls sighed in unison. "Well, common on we're all going to town to grab a bit wanna come?" Garner asked. "Sure." Jumper said. Every one headed for the subbcars. Inside the dark red subbcar Jumper pushed the subbing botten and waited. The under ground highway was buzzing. The girls looked at eachother, "It might take a while to get there." alexis said. "Oh it's going to take more than a while." Jumper's mouth fell open at the under ground traffic. "What time is it?" Jumper asked keeping her eyes on the highway. Alexis looked at the rear screen. "9:16" Jumper cursed under her breath. "I'm going back up." She push the imsubbing button. Above ground they would just fly. No point in sitting in traffic when they can use the olden ways.

  Jumper and Alexis were at Grab A Bit 10 minutes before everyone else. "Fallow me." a working robot said. The group fallowed it to a long table. Everyone picked up a menu and disided what they wanted. "Push the call button." Pete told Hardyn. "Kays" Hardyn said as he leaned over and pushed the button. The robot appeared out of no where. They all told what they wanted. Jumper's steaming crab came first then Alexis' beef ribs. The two pigged out, they weren't allowed to eat anything until they had their threads in and the girls were starved! Pete looked over at Jumper and laughed. "What?" Jumper asked growing a puzzeled look.

   That's when they heard the scream.