Prologue

Andi's POV

"So, you've got your toothbrush?" Emma asks for the nth time. 

I shot her my annoyed look. 

"Sorry, Andi. I just want you to not forget anything, that's all." She says then hugs me. "I'll really miss you again. Its going to be hard for me without my best friend."

"Don't worry, Em." I hugged her back. "You survived one term without me, you'll survive the next. Just give me a call when something bad happens cause me and Hex will be sprinting back to Miami in no time." 

"Hey Andi, you finished packing?" Jax comes in. 

"I just need to grab a couple of things upstairs, like my Magic Muffler and my amulet." I say, trying to brag to his face again. 

"Brag all you want, Andi." he says. "But I will never envy your Guardian tools." 

"That's not what you said the first time you saw them." I chuckle. "Keep the envy inside, Jax. Keep it in."

I could tell he was gonna lose it any second. So I pat his back. "I'm just gonna grab some stuff then I'll be off." 

I walked up to my room. Wow, I can't believe that I won't be seeing this room again. I was getting used to it again since I spent my holiday break here. 

"Now where did I put my amulet?" I searched through a large pile of dirty laundry and then I found it. I looked at the pile and I thought to myself, 'mom will take care of that'. 

Then all of a sudden, Hex came out of his hiding place. It made me drop the amulet. Luckily, another pile of dirty clothing caught the fall. 

"Hex, you scared me!" I yelled. "Look you made me drop the amulet." 

He spoke to me. 

"Oh yeah, I did forget to grab you. Thanks for reminding me." I say. "So, off we go then?" 

He agreed then ran out my room. I was supposed to follow but then I tripped to some sort of golden ball. It looked so fancy, but I don't remember owning anything like it. 

There was a button, so I clicked it. Then, Leo's face popped up. It was a recorded video message. He looked like he was in a dark room. 

"I'm currently stuck in another Witch's Bottle in the border of the Bad Realm. I've destroyed a dozen of them but this one was hard. It was created by a family of evil witches. So it was pretty difficult. I hope this message reaches you, Andi Cruz." I sat down on the floor to watch the video properly. "This isn't a send for help video, this is a warning. They're out to get you. They're tracking you down. I think its safe to stay at Miami, and not attend the next term at the academy. They won't be able to track you that fast if you aren't in the magic realm. I'll find a way to escape this. Just please, don't disobey my command. Stay away from the academy." 

The golden ball quickly disappeared. 

"Hey Andi, what are you--." Emma walked up to my room and witnessed me staring at nothing. I was thinking. Thinking deeply. I belong at the academy. Its my destiny to be Emma's guardian. And I also missed my friends, Ben, Jessie, Kim... and Luke. "You okay, Andi?"

I looked at her. "I'm in trouble." 

~~~~~~

VERY SHORT BUT THRILLING PROLOGUE, Y'ALL. :D STAY TUNEEED