My Language Arts Scary Story! (I actually wrote this for a grade...)

For those easily scared people... I suggest you keep reading because I don't think this is that scary. :/ Anyways... NONE OF THIS IS REAL!!!!! AT LEAST I HOPE NOT!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Jk it's not real. :D

"But Mom!" I actually want to have fun on Halloween! Not babysit my sister and cousin!" I argue with my mom over the phone.

"I have to work late, ther's nothing I can do about it," Mom replies calmly.

Mom is a nurse at a hospital. She often has to stay later than 10 P.M., which leaves me in charge of my little sister Holly, who is 5.

That means tonight, on Halloween, I have to take Holly and my 4 year old cousin Amanda trick-or-treating instead of hanging out with friends. What fun.

"Fine," I give in to Mom. "I'll babysit the little girls. But there better be a reward for me!"

"You betcha, Lily," Mom agrees. "I'll take you out for ice cream or something."

"Bye, Mom."

"Bye."

I end the all and slam the phone down.

The doorbell rings and Holly screams in delight. "She's here!" Holly runs to the door to welcome Amanda, who is dressed as a mermaid.

"I'll be back to pick up Mandy in the morning!" My Aunt Molly tells me. "See ya!"

"Hi, Cousin Lily!" Four-year-old Amanda greets. "Do you like my costume? I'm a pretty mermaid."

"I love it. Do you want to help me get Holly ready to be a bumblebee?" I ask.

"Yeah! Let's go!" She runs upstairs to Holly's room. Holly takes off after her.

I sigh. "Maybe Bridget can come with me, " I say to myself. I grab my land line phone and dial Bridget, my best friend.

She picks up on the third ring. "Yellow?"

"Hey Bridge. Want to come trick-or-treating with Holly, Amanda, and I?" I ask, twirling the coily telephone wire.

"Can't. I have to go with my cousin. See you tomorrow?" Bridet says to my disappointment.

I puff out my checks and hunch my shoulders. "Okay. Bye." I click the "end" button and slam the phone down.

"Lily! Hurry up!" I hear Holly holler.

"Coming!" I call back and sprint up the stairs two at a time. I thought that even if I can't have a good time, Holly should. I go into Holly's room, grab her costume, and slink to the bathroom, where Holly and Amanda are waiting.

It's a pretty large bathroom: two sinks at each end of a  long counter with a mirror perpindicular to it. Another door leads to the room with the actual toilet and shower.

I toss Holly's costume at her. "Go change, then I'll do your face make up."

Holly prances to the other room to change. Amanda turns to me. "Can you do my face make up?"

"Sure!" I say with a smile. I gesture her to sit down in front of me. After pulling out the face crayons, I grab the green one and start drawing fish and seashells on her tiny face.

"I'm ready!" Holly shouts. She reenters the room wearing her black and yellow dress with big black wings attached to the back.

Amanda and Holly switch places as I switch the green crayon for the black one. I start drawing intricate swirls and lines on Holly's cheeks.

After about five minutes, I have the girls all ready with costumes, shoes, and bags.

"Girls, it's six-thirty," I say, checking a clock. "Should we go now or--"