Young yet Responsible Enough (Complete)

Bernadette Montano Gabot

“Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.”

                                                                                                   --1 Timothy 4:12

                I have chosen this Biblical text because I want to relate it to what is happening in our generation.

                Before students used to go to school then go home directly. They do their homework and help in doing the household chores. Such little things that is simple yet helpful to all. The opposite of our generation today which some people look at us as the irresponsible ones and the troublemakers.

                Why? Because some of us have engaged to  vices such as smoking cigarette, drinking of liquor, taking in of drugs and others. Some have also engaged to premarital sex and a lot of things that causes destruction.

                What I am trying to say is that people have started to look less of us because of these. People started to think that because he is young he is likely to commit bad things like this and that.

                But this shouldn’t be! We should do our best in doing our responsibility. We should learn to abide with the laws. And we should learn to do more for the common good instead of wasting our time in airing our grievances.

                In that way, we will live freely and people will look at us positively.