1.

HIS

Jeron's UAAP career already ended months ago, but today he'll be playing for the last time wearing his DLSU uniform. It is a friendly game between them and Ateneo. However, it still matters to most; after all, it's the Ateneo-La Salle rivalry. One last time for the Animo, he hopes that she shows up. He checked his phone before they left the dugout, hoping to receive a message from her saying that she was already there, but there was none. The past weeks were very rough for him, not only because his UAAP career had come to an end already, but because she was no longer the same towards him. He's getting frustrated for not figuring out why this is happening. He knows this one is not like any other tampo, but he wishes that it is. The last time they talked, she simply told him that she was swamped fixing her papers for school. She promised to get back to him after babawi ako. she said that's why he doesn't bother to call her again. She doesn't have any responsibility to you. He would remind himself every time to stop his urge to call her though he regularly sent her messages to ask how she was doing. She's planning to go back to studying, of course, he understands that she'll be swamped but not this kind of busy. She never became this busy for him as far as he can remember. She always makes time.

DLSU is down by 20 points entering the fourth quarter, and Thomas is cursing Jeron for not putting his head in the game.

"Ano ba ha?! Umayos ka na nga. Last two minutes na! Nababa namin yung lamang pero Jeron naman kailangan namin ng tulong. Get your head in the game. Pocket your problem with Jeanine first. Will you?"

The buzzer echoed, signaling the end of the timeout. Jeron heaved a sigh and examined the crowd, hoping to see her. He mentally scolds himself, galit nga sayo girlfriend mo tapos may pasok pa. Wala ka talagang mapapala. They sprinted back to their side of the court after preventing Ateneo from scoring. Thomas brings the ball down. He stares at the shot clock; 15 seconds left. Thomas looked at Jeron. They need him. He decided to put another gamble; he passed the ball to him.

"Make that shot!"

That very distinct voice that he had memorized for years already brought him back to his game. He knows he does not hear things whatsoever. He's sure that it's her voice, and she's there. Jeron smiled to himself before driving. He made it, plus a bonus free throw. The crowd is now up on their feet as this game is finally tied up, and there, he saw the owner of that voice, cheering her heart out for him. He thought she couldn't make it since she went out of the town with her friends, but there she was, showing her support for him and the school. Jeron is finally feeling it.

"Let's get this done!"

He's back in his game as they continue to tally points. Mika can permanently shut down his demons, and he knows that. Whenever he feels like they're beyond his control, he'll call her, and everything will turn out ok. Any form of her helps him get back on track, which is how her magic works on him. The regulation ended with DLSU winning by 4 pts. She was already there waiting when they reached the dugout.

"Congratulations"

"Thanks"

"Oops", she stopped him from hugging her, "pawis."

"Jeeeeee!" she yelled.

"Hindi ko kasalanan. Thomas pushed me!" Jeron explained.

"Stop eyeing me. Niyayakap niyo naman isa't isa dati. Wow ah. Ano 'to? Nag-Batangas lang kayo nila Ara, pawis conscious ka na."

She just rolled her eyes at him. Thomas laughed; he really liked pissing her off, "kausapin mo nga yan, magkaaway na naman sila." he stated before leaving.