Torn Love (Liam Payne Short Story)

He lay’s on the hard bed of his jail cell and wanders back to the day when the love of his life was ripped away from him in the blink of an eye. That day haunted him every minute of every day.  Why did it have to be her, she did nothing to deserve that.  “It should have been me.” He thought.

He blames himself for what happened.  If they would have just stayed home and watched a movie like she wanted everything would have been fine, but she loved to make others happy, so they did what Liam wanted and look where it got them.

*FLASHBACK*

Liam was sitting on the couch with Anna beside him; he had the sudden urge to go for a walk. “Want to go for a walk babe?” He asked looking at his girlfriend.

She slightly lifts her head off his shoulder to look at Liam, the corners of her mouth starts to form a small smile. “Are you sure you don’t just want to stay in and watch a movie tonight?” She asked him with a hopeful look in her eye that Liam didn’t see.

“No babe, it’s hot in here, don’t you want to get some fresh air.” He asked her. She turns her head away from Liam and thought about it, all she ever wanted to do is make Liam happy, and if that makes him happy then so be it.

“Sure Li, I would love to go for a walk.”

They make their way towards the door and exited the flat.  Liam grabs her hand and they make their way down the street. 

They arrived at a small coffee shop. Liam pushed the door open and the only sound that could be heard was the bell, indicating there was another customer arriving. The place was old looking, black and white pictures hung on the walls and the paint on the tables chipped. The aroma of the place was delicious; it smelt of newly bakes cookies and fresh coffee. 

They made their way to the back of the room and took a seat at the last table; he pulled the chair out from the table and gestured for Anna to take a seat in it. “Thank you!” She says with a giggle that immediately makes a smile apear on Liams face.

A plump waitress makes her way to the table with a pot of coffee in one hand and a note pad in the other.  She lifts her arm and pours both Anna and Liam a cup of coffee filled to the top.  She gives them a warm smile before asking if they wanted anything.  After they declined the woman’s offer she made her way back into the kitchen.  They just sat there in a silence, not an uncomfortable silence, but a beautiful silence, just enjoying each other’s presence.

They talked till the late hours of the night. They talked about their future, they were going to get married, have a small wedding with just family and friends, they were going to write their own vows and dance to the song ‘Because you Loved me’ By Celine Dion, it would be perfect. They were going to live together in a beautiful home and raise a family.

But little did they know, that was going to be there last night together.

After two cups of coffee each, they decided to head back to the flat. Liam pushed open the door for Anna to exit, on his way out he saw a man dressed standing across the street, they made eye contact and it sent a cold chill down Liam’s spine.

Liam shook the odd feeling off and grabbed Anna’s hand and began to walk home. He started to walk faster, dragging Anna behind. She was confused why he was in such a rush for, he seemed so calm a minute ago, but she didn’t question it. Next thing Liam heard was loud footsteps and a shrill cry from Anna and her hand was ripped from his. He stopped in his tracks and prayed to God everything was okay.

He slowly turned around; the first thing he saw was the man running towards a dark alley. The next thing he saw made his eyes fill with tears and made his legs give out and drop to his hands and knees.  Anna was lying in front of him in a pool of her own blood looking lifeless.  He scrambled over to her and put her on his lap. He checked for a pulse, it was weak.  She began to slightly open her eyes.

“Anna I’m so sorry. I promised I would always protect you, and never let anyone hurt you. I-I love you, please don’t leave me.” Liam cried.

She looked up at him through the small slits of her eyelids. “It’s going to be okay Liam, I love you.” Then her eyes completely closed and her body went limp. You could no longer hear her breathing.

Liam stood up and screamed, tears streaming down his face, he screamed louder than he had ever screamed before. Then something caught his eye. He looked down and saw it, the weapon used to kill his beautiful  Anna.

He slowly bent down and picked up the gun, he brought it to his face and studied it. “I won’t let him get away with taking you away from me, I promise. I will get revenge.” He says.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

All he remembered was running towards the alley and the rest was all a big blur.

It’s been three whole years.

Three years since Anna was shot.

Three years since he was arrested for homicide.

Three years since he shot a bullet to the heart of the man that killed the love of his life.

*          *             *

A/N:

This is my first short story. Sorry its like really short.

And i know it kind of sucks. But thanks if you read it!!

~Sara