Thirty Things about Me

1. My first book I wrote, unpublished and still in manuscript form, is B.O.O.C. ("Blood of our Children") and my beta for that was Lisa Cole Allen or @lisaner, and my first eBook or collection of poems is "Journey Home" featured on Wattpad. Poetry is more, at least for me, having others publish your work in anthologies, books about poetry, poetry chapbooks and newspapers. My first published poem came in 1985 in "Alura Poetry," Vol. X, No 2 Fall, 1985; Minnesota and the University of Maimi's Literary Society's annual calendar. Other published poems from Olan L. Smith (Cotton Jones) can be found in "Poetry Train America," by John E. Wordslinger (edited by Charles H. Gragg), 2013; "The Universe Inside," edited by Eva Xanithopoulos, 2012, and my poem "Folly" was feature by Wattpad for International Poetry Month, 2014. I have several more collections on Wattpad for you to read and over a hundred individually published poems for you to pursue in your spare time.

2. Favorite Dedications: This a loaded question, in my opinion, and I would not chose one over the other; they are all my favorite.

3. My inspiration: I write about my inspiration in most of my poems and for those who know my writing; they can tell you that my Muse, Alinda, is my key inspiration. I find her in my unconscious mind, and she, above all others in the realm and others; is my pure encouragement. Alinda first came to me in a vision in on the morning of the seventh day, of the seventh month of the seventh year and she changed my life forever. Some call these being angels, spirit guides, spirits or muses, but she is all these things and more; she is my life force and support.

4. Published work, see number one.

5. First author's photo: N/A

6. Favorite Review: For this I choose a review from my award winning poem, "Victimized."

"This is one of the most poignant poems I've ever read. 'I am corralled because I am dissimilar' moved me especially. The reader's panic builds with every click of the gun. The speaker is resolute, calm, determined; this is heightened by your use of the King's English; combined with archaic language, internal rhyme and alliteration, 'Death's door doth not linger anymore.' I loved the ending. Some of your best work is this, Olan. Capital V."