Flying Lead

"You are one dead motherfucker. " the leather clad moron roared at the gentleman standing across the way in the parking lot. There were three leather clad moron's standing across from the lone figure that held his ground not looking at all worried being out numbered three too one.

"We can make this easy on everyone. Simply walk away and you'll live through this day." the lone figure upon closer inspection looked some what out of place even maybe out of time. He was decked out in a black cowboy hat which looked it had seen plenty of years of use. A battered brown coat faded blue jeans and black cowboy boots rounded out the look. The one outstanding point too the look was a cotton blue golf shirt was the odd ball of the look. But even from a distance the cowboy looked to be a very dangerous man with a very distinct look of death about him. One of the three leather clad moron's flinched making a move for a Glock nine millimeter he had thrust in his jeans. The cowboy threw up a halting hand. "Don't do it! Hold it right the Hell where you are. I'm telling you we can all walk away from this breathing and standing upright."

The leather clad thug in the center of the three seemed to be the leader of the three. He shook his head sadly waving a hand at his friend too hold up. "Our orders are too put as many bullets as we can into your dying body." the leader informed the cowboy with a smile. "I'm afraid our boss is a stickler for following orders."

The cowboy nodded his head to the leader. "I admire that you are gentleman with very high morals. But I to don't have any plan for dying today. But if even one of you Mother's son's fingers flick anywhere near those automatic's you are carrying. I swear too the heaven's above that you will die where you stand. The leader stood there staring back at the cowboy considering everything he had just said. Somewhere deep down the leader of the group believed everything this cowboy had just said. As he was mulling over what the cowboy said he opened his jacket too reveal some hardware he was wearing of his own.

The cowboy had a gun of his own in a holster on his left hip. The holster was a fine leather holster crafted so the gun remained concealed too the un trained eye. Another piece of hardware caught all three thugs eyes making them give each other questioning glances. A silver star shape badge rested now in plain sight for all too see. The word SHERIFF was emblazoned at the top of the badge. "The answer too your unspoken question is YES I am the sheriff of this town. I imagine your boss neglected too mention that when he sent you after me."

 The thug to the left and right of the center thug nodded their collective heads in unison. The Sheriff nodded already suspecting as much. "So look. Here is where we stand right at the moment. No law's of any importance's have been broken right at the moment. So why don't we just all walk our separate ways and live too see another sunrise."

The leader of the three seemed too have a lot of inner turmoil thinking over what the cowboy sheriff had too say.. He shook his head standing his ground glaring at his two comrades too stand their ground as well. "I'm sorry too say Sheriff, that my boss gave us strict instruction that we feel your body with as many holes as possible." The leader thug smiled expecting that what he had just told this law dog was going too break a sweat out on the cowboy. The only emotion the Leader seemed to get from the cowboy was a resigned sigh. He seemed to just stand there not moving then with a flourish opened up the jacket the rest of the way so it was not obstructing his reach for the forty five auto strapped on his hip.

The thugs to the left and right flinched but the leader of the three barked an order for them too stand fast. He seemed to know that this Law Dog was not ready too get deadly just yet.  He reached up tugging on his cowboy hat tightening its fit down on his head. His fingers flexed on his right and left hand trying too free out the kinks. When all seemed right with everything the Law Dog looked down at his boots then his head snapped up staring down the leader a cold look in his eyes.