Chapter 1: The only chapter

January 6, 2005

Dear Journal,

I got this today. It's my 13th birthday and I'm super excited. I've decided I'm going to write in it all the time.

March 10, 2005

Dear journal,

The boys in my class made fun of me again today. I guess these glasses are kind of nerdy....oh we're getting a dog today, Dad says God said he'll scare away the demons, I think he just wanted an excuse for my mom to get one. Moms at church again today, I think she goes everyday now.

March 30, 2005

Dear journal,

All the teachers and students at Lundy's Lane were buzzing around getting ready for things today; they seemed more busy than usual. Oh well, the boys took my glasses this morning so I couldn't see for half the day. Also, I heard Amy liked me. It's weird I said no and now she hates me, she even called me gay. Not really sure what happened there. Ugh girls...

May 4, 2005

Dear Journal,

It's the second last month of school and I'm super excited for summer. My little brother and I are going to the beach the first chance we get. Oh and my Mom and Dad's anniversary in coming up too so I get to take care of Calvin. I wonder what we'll do...

June 30th, 2005

Summer vacation has started. Apparently Ryan is having some new people move in down the street. Maybe they'll come to our school next year!!

July 21st, 2005

Apparently yesterday same-sex marriage was made legal in Canada. I think it's a cool idea. My brother's birthday is in August maybe we'll have pie this year cake is super sweet especially for his new teeth. He's turning 5 this year!!

August 12th, 2005

Summer has been so much fun! Calvin and I went to the beach a couple of times and I got to hang out with Ryan and his friends. They don't really like me but I got two pops out of it and I got to go to laser tag for the first time ever!! I still haven't met the new people, but Ryan said that they had a boy our age so maybe he'll come to Lundy's for grade 8.

September 12th, 2005

It's the second week of school and I finally got to meet the boy. His name is Jason and he moved here from Britain. He has a really cute accent nice accent. He dresses really nicely and he smiles at me all the time. Maybe I'll say hi tomorrow...

September 23rd, 2005

I talked to him today. He ate lunch with me and we hung out at both breaks I had a lot of fun.

May 1st, 2006

Jason and I got beat up again today he turned 14 today too. I heard about another gay wedding today. Apparently it was really cute to see. Jason and I are with each other nonstop, ha some people think we're a couple we joke around with them by saying "HA yeah." then we tell them we aren't and go to the movies.

September 30th, 2006

Today for some reason when I saw Jason I felt my cheeks get super warm and I immediately skipped going to my locker and went to class. It was weird. When he waved me over at lunch I felt really reluctant for some reason I hope he hasn't noticed.

December 12th, 2006

Ever since we joined grade 9 Jason and I haven't really fit in. Today at our lockers his hand brushed mine and you could see on both of our faces we were super red. We haven't talked since then. I have exams coming up after winter break so I guess I should study but, my face hurts 'cause some boys beat me up for the third time today; I'm going to have to get new glasses again