Warrior:Diary of a Diabetic

My name is Francesca. but you can call me Frankie. And this is my story!

My life hadn't really been a bed of roses but then again not all of us were born with a golden spoon!! I used to be smart/intelligent and would get good grades till I was about 8 years old and in grade 5. The next year things got tough...my dad lost his job,his business career went crashing down, but fortunately my mother was a well earning teacher so we kept going. Grade 7 aka when I turned 10 "life threw a hurricane at me " in other words I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes! :(

I know people say that it's not a big deal n just a lifestyle, but it was different where I lived, and yes it was not America England or Australia! I lived in KSA was born there n spent most of my life there...anyways getting back to the point in KSA we didn't really have much to do or places to go.

No where you could really exercise or go to a proper doctor or a nutritionist for help!

So basically when I got diagnose my blood sugar level was 584 and yes books state that this much high blood sugar can cause damage to other organs or paralyze a person but I guess you can say in a way I kind of cheated death! But I was admitted to the hospital for a week jus to learn about diabetes and keep it under control..but I did get to miss school for that one week! *yay*?!

Well the first year I tried my best to keep my BSLs(blood sugar levels) under control by monitoring my diet and taking proper doses of insulin on time with large needles*ouch*

But something happened next year something horrible.........

*******

*****************

Hey guys this is my first time writing!

Frankie isn't my real name but my story is real!

Please leave a comment!

Thank you..

And tell me if you like it...and whether I should continue writing :*