Mindless Self Indulgence (Fan Fiction)

Our Freak Band

(Mindless Self Indulgence Fan Fiction)

It was a sunny day when Jimmy came up with the idea. We were sitting under the big oak tree for our lunch hour, our usual place. But something wasn't quite right...Lyn-z was missing.

"Hey guys," I messed up my cropped black hair, a nervous habit of mine, "wheres Lyn-z?" I looked at both of their faces and we all realised at the same time. "CRAP." Jimmy was the first to jump up, ditching his bag in the process. Kitty and I followed suit and ran behind Jimmy, trying to catch up with his spiked hair and long lanky body sprinting for the class block doors, "LYN-Z!" We all shout, "wait guys, shut up for a sec," I whisper yell at them. Suddenly I hear a whimper, there! I reach for the locker second to the end and rip it open, pulling it off the hinges. "Nice Steve," I hear kitty mutter, her voice dripping with sarcasm. I place it gently down against the wall, trying to not make it worse, just as Jimmy reaches in and grabs Lyn-z, hugging her close and gently lowering her fragile body to the floor as she sobs into his leather jacket. " Hey, come on baby don't cry, please." Jimmy hugs her tighter as a stray tear runs down his face. "They-ey said-d-d I was a-a s-lut." She chokes out, in between hiccups.

I face away and wipe my eyes before anyone sees and notice they're crying as well. We're so tired of being bullied. Suddenly Jimmy becomes more confident, his back straightening and his hands turning to fists. He stands up carrying Lyn-z, bridal style, her black eyes smudged and bright red lipstick faded with her long black hair in loose pony tails. "We need to do something," Jimmy voices, "we need to show the world that being different, is freaking awesome!"

"I'm listening," Kitty states.

"You know what guys, we need to form a band!" We all looked at each other and nodded eagerly, in agreement Lyn-z had stopped crying so Jimmy lifted her down slowly, so that she was standing on her feet and as we walked the long checkered floors, towards the glowing glass doors, Lyn-z and Jimmy hand in hand- the strangest gothic couple ever. With kitty and I on either side, both smirking at the love birds. I knew one thing,

we would go down in history.