And then the world ended - Killjoy Fanfic...chapter 1

Okay guys - this is my first ever fanfic, so please be nice.  I don't know exactly where this story is going - I'm kinda just writing it as it comes.  Please comment and say truthfully what you think of it, so that I know how to improve the later chapters.  It's kinda set in a parralel story, so it may not be exactly as MCR said it was (e.g characters and what they look like etc).  I may just randomly make up some killjoy characters and stick them in, but if you want your killjoy to be in it tell me and I may put you in (but no promises).  Anyway - have fun reading it and as always, keep running.

The bombs fell all around.  The house was collapsing around us.  My skin was hot, my nose was burning.  "MIkey!"  I yelled, my throat scratching and searing from the smoke.  "MIkey we need to get out!"  I grabbed my brother roughly and practically carried him towards the door.  Our parents were running around, grabbing a few last essential things, looking as panicked as I felt.

The door burst open before Mikey and I could reach it and about five, white - clad soldiers burst through the door, their grinning halloween masks sneering at me horribly.  Lasers flew out in every direction.  One flew past my arm and I felt the heat sear my skin.  All around the house was falling and smoke was rising.  The bombs outside were getting closer - and closer - and closer...too close.  We were hit.  The force of the blast threw Mikey and I away from the house as it exploded, taking out everything and everyone inside it.  Everyone we loved.  We were on our own.

Party Poison woke up, gasping and spluttering.  He lay there, drenched in sweat, waiting for his heart rate to slow.  'Just a memory' he told himself.  'The past is over.  Move on now'.

He stumbled up from the bed and started pulling on his  sandy trousers.  Looking down at his arm, he could still see the scar from the laser that night.  A thin white line barely visible against his pale skin.  Of course, it was hardly his only scar.  He ran his fingers through his bright red hair and shrugged his 'dead pegasus' jacket on.  He loved this jacket; it was the only thing that made any of this even remotely worthwhile.  All the pain and sufffering...for an awesome jacket.  He chuckled.  How shallow he was.

Poison stepped out of his room and collided with Fun Ghoul in the corridor.

"Watch it, Midget" he said, by way of greeting.  Ghoul stuck his tongue out at him and continued into the diner.  Poison followed.

"Morning".  Kobra Kid was sitting in a booth, staring absent-mindedly at his tin of kibble.  He glanced at Poison's face.

"You alright?" he asked his brother with concern.

"Rough night."  Enough said.  They all had night terrors.

Dr. D wheeled into the room.

"Morning, you mother - fucking children" he said good humouredly.

"Nice to see ya too" Ghoul muttered.  He was sitting on Poison's right, his kibble, as yet, un-touched.  Poison knew that he still hadn't got over the un-justice of a vegetarian having to give up their chosen diet for a life of dog food.  'Ah well.  Waste not, want not', thought Poison, sticking his fork into Ghoul's tin.

"What's our mission today, Doc?"  Jet Star completed the question with a yawn, strolling in from his room.

Dr. Death Defying wheeled over to the rack of ray guns and handed them out.  "We've recieved reports of a Drac-attack in zone 5 which we should check out.   Look for any survivors.  Take out any remaining draculoids.  You know the drill."

"On it" Kobra said, grabbing the keys to the Trans-am and walking out the door, always eager to go.  The other three slumped further down into their chairs and groaned.