Chapter 1

Mate! I Don’t Think So!

Chapter 1:

(Rosemary’s POV)

            I stepped out of the shower and walked to my closet with the big white fluffy towel wrapped tightly around me.  Even though I was a badass rebel I was still nervous about my first day of school especially since I am totally unfamiliar with the area.  I can feel the water drip down from my naturally curly bright cherry red hair.  I was born with the bright yet dark cherry red hair and bright blue eyes.  I just moved to Pennsylvania from Vermont with my pack.  Yes I said pack, and by pack I mean my pack of werewolves.  My parents were both werewolves; in fact they were alphas of a large pack in Main, my hometown.  The White Diamond pack was the largest pack from Main to Florida and even though they were strong and powerful they were killed by rouges.  Rouges are werewolves that were kicked out of their pack or they left their pack.  Loner wolves are also werewolves that have left their packs but they are not evil and rough like rouges.  When I was 11 my whole pack was wiped out by vicious rouges who wanted power and to be the largest pack.  Of course they really weren’t a pack but a pack of rouges, there was thousands of them and even though we had more members the rouges showed no mercy.  They killed everyone but me and I can remember my mom’s last words, “Run Rosemary and please, please be safe.  Always follow your heart.”  I remember my mother’s hoarse voice as she practically pleaded for me to go and be safe.  When I was younger my parents always told me to follow my heart, and when I asked them why they said that ‘your brain isn’t always right but your heart, your heart always is.’  The last thing I have left from them is a golden locket shaped like a heart with a wolf howling at a moon.  On the back of the locket is the words ‘Always follow your heart,’ etched into the gold.

            I look around my closet and spot a pair of skinny jeans that is half white and the other half black.  I put them on and a grey semi-tight short sleeved v neck, my grey converse high tops, and my signature black shades.  I let my hair dry into nice cherry red ringlets and straighten my side swept bangs.  Oh yah I should probably introduce myself, my name is Rosemary Diamond, I am 17 years old, and I am alpha of my own pack of loner wolves, the Red Diamond pack.

            I walked downstairs to see my pack eating breakfast.  There are 7 of us in my pack including me.  There is Emily my best friends and beta.  She has been with me since I was 12 years old.  I had run all the way to Maryland hoping the rouges would think everyone was dead and wouldn’t know I was alive.  They couldn’t possibly think I was alive since they had no idea what I looked like.  Anyways I had stopped and decided to knock on the door of the house I had found.  It was close to the woods and smelled like werewolves lived there and when I knocked on the door Emily’s grandmother, Betty, took me in as if I was her own.  Betty is still alive and with us since Emily’s parents had her at such a young age and the same with Betty and Emily’s mom.  I had learned that Emily’s parents had also been killed by the same rouges when they were attacking a pack nearby.  Her parents were loners but went to help the pack fight; they ended up getting killed along with most of the pack.  Emily has been my best friend since the moment I had met her she has blonde hair with black streaks.  Her hair goes down a little past her shoulders with side swept bangs just like me.  She has lighter blue eyes than me and is deathly afraid of toads.  Don’t ask me why, she says they are evil and out to get her, trust me when she told me that I gave her a pretty weird look.  Her birthday is a month after mine so we are both the same age.  We are both badasses and total rebels, or like she likes to call it partners in crime.  Next is my omega and other best friend, Jason.  Emily and I were 12 when we found him living in a garden shed in Connecticut.  He has medium brown hair, green eyes, and is fairly tall.  He is pretty funny and is sort of a math nerd but he is still a badass.  He is also 17 and his birthday is three months after mine.  His parents died in a car crash, since he had no pack of any other family he ran away.  Then we have Charlotte or as she likes to be called Charlie.  We found her when I was 13; she was sleeping in a tree.  She ran away from her abusive parents, she used to belong to a pack but her parents decided to become a family pack because they were afraid their alpha would find out about how they abuse her.  We found her in Miami, Florida and she has blonde hair with blue eyes.  She is a year younger than me making her 16, she loves to surf, and loves guys with British accents which Emily and I think is hilarious.  She is going to be real disappointed if her mate isn’t British.  In California we found Robby living in a hotel after his alpha kicked him out of his pack.  He was accused of telling his pack’s battle strategy’s to the rival pack when in reality some other guy did it and blamed Robby.  Robby has dark brown hair and his eyes are a mixture of blue, green, and grey. He is a bookworm but loves to pull pranks especially on Max.  Max is the packs…well how do I say this nicely…he is the packs idiot.   He isn’t necessarily stupid he just never uses his brain and is always getting expelled or suspended.  He got expelled from so many schools that is parents disowned him and kicked him out.  He was living in the woods in Washington till we found when I was 15, three months after we found Robby.  Robby is 16 while Max just turned 17.  Finally we have Ally who is Max’s mate and total opposite.  She is shy and smart while Max is…well Max.  She has blonde hair with brown highlights and light blue eyes.  She turned 17 two weeks ago and is one of the sweetest, kindest, nicest person I know but still loves a good prank.  You see, I am such a bad influence on people…oh well!

            I walk over to the cabinets where I grab a bowl, spoon, and milk from the fridge.  I walk to the pantry and take out a box of lucky charms.  What, they are magically delicious.  I start to pour the cereal when I notice there are no marshmallow charms in it.  I look over to Max who is sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of just marshmallow charms.  NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE MESSES WITH MY LUCKY CHARMS!  He is so going to get it I think as I pour the cereal back into the box and walk over the Max with the box behind my back.  “Hello Max,” I say and pretend to not notice that he is eating my marshmallow charms.  Max looked up at me with a surprised and panicked expression while he tried to use his arms to cover the bowl.  When I say tried, I mean he failed!  “Um...h-hi Rose…nice weather we are having today?”  He said, well more like stuttered.  I looked behind me to where the large sliding glass doors are, only to see the curtains closed.  I looked back at him and raised an eyebrow giving him a ‘seriously?!?’ look before pulling the box of cereal out from behind my back and dumping it all over him.  “MAX STOP EATING ALL THE MARSHMELLOWS OUT OF THE CEREAL IT IS THE BEST PART!”  I told him as all the cereal covered him, the table, and the floor.  “You have to clean this up and buy a new box of cereal, got it?”  I asked him as I walked to the front door to get my black backpack.  He simply nodded and walked out of the kitchen to get a broom.  I saw Ally walked down the stairs fully dressed and eating an apple, she stopped when she saw the mess.  “Max?”  She questioned, I nodded and she just rolled her eyes and continued walking out the door.  “Alright losers lets go show East Pine Grove High who we are.”  I said with a smirk and watched as my pack smirked along with me.  They followed me out the door as we got on our motorcycles.  Just as we were about to take off Max ran out the door and hoped on his bike, I just rolled my eyes and started driving to the school with my pack following behind.  Watch our East Pine Grove High, Rosemary Diamond is in town!