You're No Different (Gravity Falls) {3rd Place Winner}

This is for WattyFallers and EZ-Dayz contest #5! It is the One of Us AU.

(Also, don't expect Bill and Ford's conversation to go exactly like the show ;3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness.

That was the only thing Ford could see, or sense for that matter. 

It was like this for a while, until suddenly he got the sensation of being freed, like a bird from a cage. 

Without second thought, he shouted "Let me go you insane three sided...."

He abruptly stopped mid-sentence, and continued with "W-What is this place?"

Taking in his surroundings, Ford found himself in a homey setting. The room consisted of a chair, a clock, a carpet, and a fire place.

The most noticeable piece in the room, though, was the picture of Bill Cipher as a king.

At seeing this, Ford inwardly shuddered. 'Cipher' he thought in disgust.

When he tried to move forward, he was stopped by a pulling at his ankle. When he looked down, he saw a chain around it. He tried pulling it, the chain making a rattling sound.

He only stopped when he heard the sound of a piano being played, and a familiar voice singing along with it.

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, oh I know we'll meet again some sunny day!" None other than Bill Cipher sang.

"Ah, Sixer, it's so NICE to see you somewhere other than the Mindscape!" Bill exclaimed, causing Ford to flinch.

Nevertheless, Ford kept a calm demeanor, and asked "What do you want, Cipher?"

"Well, my offer still stands, you know!" Bill responded in a gleeful tone.

'Offer?' Ford thought.

"Ha, you look like a confused owl. You know, the offer to be apart of my group! To be a buddy of mine!"

It took a few seconds for that sentence to sink in,  but when it did, Ford burst.

"WHAT?! YOU THINK I WOULD JOIN YOU AND YOUR HENCH MANIACS?! BE YOUR BUDDY!? I WOULD RATHER DIE THAN JOIN YOU! I-" Bill's laughter broke into Ford's rant, and Ford stopped talking.

"I knew you would say that, Pointdexter! See, I already know you! I knew you would go into a big rant!" Bill then laughed again.

"Then why would you ask me?" Ford asked, genuinely curious.

"Well, first of all, your reactions are SO AMUSING! Second, I wasn't lying when I said you would fit right in with my friends!"

"What do you mean?" Ford asked suspiciously.

"Well,  with your six fingers, you could be one of us, but that isn't the only thing that can let you join me!"

Ford was still confused and silent, so Bill continued.

"You're no different than any of us demons, Six Fingers! And that's reality for you!"

This hit Ford like a punch.

He wanted to say something, but his mouth and body seemed to stop working.

"You see, going into other dimensions changes a person. I know you know that you're changed!" Bill explained.

"B-but, how do YOU know this?" Ford asked.

"It's shown in your personality! You're more hostile towards people than any human should be, you only care about yourself, and you don't forgive ANYONE!"Bill paused for a moment, then continued. "Like I said before, you're no different!"

"Even so, I STILL WON'T JOIN YOU!" Ford shouted.

A flicker if amusement went through Bill's eye, and Ford wondered if he made the right choice.

"Let's say that I have one of your precious family members. You act like you don't care, but when it comes down to it, you really do!"

At this Ford continued shouting "DON'T HURT THEM, CIPHER!" Although it was unnoticeable by most, there was a note of desperation in his voice.

"THEN LET'S MAKE A DEAL! YOU CAN JOIN ME, AND I WON'T HURT THE CHILDREN!"

After a moments hesitation, Ford said "Fine. We have ourselves a deal."

They shook hands, and a terrible feeling went through Ford.

It was like a wet blanket, uncomfortable and cold. (Something he knew he could get used to.)

"I think this is the beginning  of a knew partnership, or even better, friendship!"Bill exclaimed.

Ford didn't want to say anything, knowing he had just signed his death sentence. ( He enjoyed the feeling of power.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think I did this right but oh well. The parenthesis in the story are what Ford is feeling deep down inside.

Edit: This is the original cover.

I spent a long time trying to find a picture, and I AM NOT going to let it go to waste