It's Always Been Him

{JJ's pov} "Will, you don't understand! I have to go to work. It's my job!" "Yeah, well this job is taking over your life!" "No it's not! I'm home on weekends." "Sometimes." "Will! I'm home when I can be and I love you and Henry okay? I'm trying as hard as I can!" Will pauses before he continues. "Go. You wouldn't want to be late." He says. I sigh angrily and walk out. I kiss Henry goodbye as tears fill my eyes. I drive to work so frustrated at Will. How come he doesn't understand my job? It's important to me and he shouldn't get so mad when I have to leave. I wipe my tears and walk into work. I'm the second one there after Hotch. He's always in before me. I walk in and sit at my desk. I lay my head down on my desk and sigh. "JJ?" I hear Hotch say from behind me. I jump out of my chair and turn around. "Sir." I say. "Are you alright JJ?" He asks, looking concerned. "Uh, yeah I'm fine." I say, but he can tell I'm lying. "JJ, if something's wrong, you can tell me-" I cut him off. "Nothing's wrong. Lets review the case." We walk to the meeting room and prepare. The rest of the team starts to arrive. We have a local case this week. Spencer walks in and looks at me. "Hi JJ." "Hi Reid." I say without making eye contact. I'm not in the mood to be friendly.

{Spencer's pov} JJ doesn't seem very happy today. I wonder if she's okay. She seems so distant and she isn't really talking to anyone. I need to find out if she's alright. I try to ask her, but Hotch walks in and we all sit down. The whole time Garcia is presenting the case, JJ is staring at the table. She won't even look up when she talks. Something's definitely going on.

{JJ's pov} After a long day at work, I finally get to go home. I'm dreading it though because I will have to confront Will and I'm still pretty mad at him. I walk in. It's really late so he must be sleeping already. I walk to the kitchen and see a note on the kitchen counter. "JJ, I'm sorry but I'm leaving you. I feel like we rushed our relationship and we aren't even happy anymore. It seems like you're never around and when you are we fight. I'm leaving you. I'm sorry, Will." Then below that it says "Henry is at your moms house for the night." I set the note down and feel like collapsing. I walk to a chair and sit down. I cry for what seems like hours. I can't believe we've been together for so long, and he's just leaving. In a strange way, his note makes sense. I'm never home and we fight all the time. And, honestly, we did rush this relationship. I think the only reason we stayed together so long was because I got pregnant and had Henry. I'm actually surprised we didn't spilt up earlier. But I'm still heartbroken. I go up to my room and lay down. I cry some more and finally fall asleep. I wake up really early and call Hotch. "Hotch, can I take the day off. I have some stuff going on." I think he senses something in my voice. "JJ, is everything ok?" He asks. "Yeah, I just need a day, I'll be in tomorrow. Thanks bye." I say and hang up. I don't want to tell him about Will just yet. After I get dressed, I drive to my moms to get Henry. We have a long talk and then we leave. I spend all day with Henry. It feels good and makes me happy. We get home late and he's tired, so I put him straight to bed. He keeps asking for daddy and it's hard for me to tell him that daddy's not coming back. After I get Henry to sleep, I walk to my room. I look on my dresser and see a picture of me and Spencer. It's cute.

{JJ's pov} See the ting is, me and Spencer used to have a thing back in the day. When we first met, we went on a few dates. No one really knows what could've happened, but then I met Will and I had to forget about Spencer. I never really got rid of those feelings I had for Spencer though and that's probably not a good thing. He probably got rid of the feeling he had for me a long time ago. Well, it's the next morning and, while I don't really want to go to work today, I decide to go. I told Hotch I'd be back and there's no point in staying home any longer. I get ready, drop Henry off at daycare and drive to the office. I walk out of the elevator and am greeted by Garcia. "Hey," she says while looking concerned." Where were you?" "I, uh, just needed a day off." I say "JJ.... Is everything okay? You seem sad and if something's wrong you know you can tell me and-" "Garcia, slow down, I'm fine." I say and take the files from her hands and walk away. I really don't want the team to know what's going on right now. Everyone gets to work eventually and they fill me in on what I missed. Spencer walks in wearing a dorky little sweater. But it's a cute kind of dorky. Like the dorky I fell in love with back then, and am slowly falling in love with again.