My Dream in Owl City

I think maybe I'm dreaming. I think I woke up, but I can't be sure. But if today is going to go like this...

Maybe I don't want to wake up. 

If this is a dream and I can do anything I want, I'd want you to be here. We'd spend the day together. We'd take to the sky in my hot air balloon. I'd show you the world. 

I'd tell you stories of all things bright and beautiful and you'd already know them all because they'd all be about you and your ocean eyes. You'd tell me I need dental care because I say the sweetest things. I'd tell you of June, the one I spent in dear Vienna and how I got a sunburn. And I didn't even feel the heat because it was nothing compared to your warmth. 

We'd coast the designer skyline and watch others swimming in Miami. We'd have a west coast friendship and we'd tell riddles of captains and cruiseships. I'd be your panda and you'd be my kitten. 

We'd circle the world on the airway and watch a tidal wave just off of umbrella beach. We'd watch the early birdies cause air traffic around us and recall our childhood story of the bird and the worm.

You'd become curious and lean over the edge to look out like a sky diver getting ready for a jump and the change in balance would cause us to teeter like a clown on the wing of a plane or as if we were perched on the tip of an iceberg. 

We'd go through a technicolour phase and you'd develop rainbow veins. We'd touch down as the sun fell behind the horizon and walk through the city. And if you didn't hold my hand everytime we crossed a street, I think I'd cave in. 

This is the future and I'd treat you to a super honeymoon. We'd sit on a secluded hill, drenched in vanilla twilight and look out on the fuzzy blue lights of the city and with a sigh you'd wave at them and say, "Hello Seattle". The scent of the ocean would come up and envelope us in a saltwater room. 

You'd sigh and lay back and be greeted by a meteor shower, high above our heads. You'd reach up your hands and trace their trails with fingertips. Fireflies would come to meet us and linger on our skin. You'd giggle at the feeling and my love for you would crash over me stronger than ever before, washing over me like a sticky sweet strawberry avalanche. 

We'd be happy.

But if this is a dream and I do wake up, I swear I won't forget. And if I ever get the courage I'd tell you of our adventure within my mind. But for now, let's just enjoy this for as long as it lasts.

And when it's over, you'll go back to your life, and I'll return to mine. And maybe someday, you'll have a dream like this where you travel the world and touch down in Seattle. And if you climb that hill looking for fireflies, I'll meet you there.