Here, in The Darkness With You...

Chapter 1 (Pic of Hope)

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked disinterested by the French lesson. 

"Miss Kambly this is very important you know?" How annoying, I glanced at her with pleading eyes. 

"Go" she turned her attention back to the class as I walked out. I hated French. I hated this school. I hated every single hour without him. I was just staring at the floor when I bumped into someone, I looked up and my heart started to beat faster. Liam, my best (ex) friend, or whatever, I didn't know anymore as he was ignoring me since he came back from his school trip.

I smiled shyly at him, I missed talking to him and being together, something changed. SHE was the change, his new girlfriend. He smiled back and hugged me.

"I'm sorry Hope but I'm in love,I don't wanna lose her, just try to understand me" He said with sweet voice, what the hell did he mean? I was just about to ask him why he was ignoring me but he was already gone. Maybe gone out of my life? I opened the bathroom door but no one was in there.

My life just sucked, my boyfriend broke up, my best friend dumped me. Did someone even care? Sure, my dad but he was miles away. I wanted to yell out all my anger but I stopped when I heard someone enter. I turned around and it was Lisa Jameson, the most popular girl from school. she was tall had blond hair and obviously blue eyes. I looked away annoyed. The sky was so blue and clear that it almost made me forget about everything. I heard someone clear his throat I turned around and glanced at Lisa, she was staring at me.

"What?" I asked with nervous voice. I was already pissed by my own problems. " Just move, I need to stand near the heather" she really thought that I was a scared shy little girl? WRONG. "I was here first sweetheart, just go find another heather, they're cold anyway." What's her problem? Does she like to annoy people. I gave her a death glare and she walked out. Maybe Liam went to the bathroom as well, so I walked out waiting for several minutes, but nothing. Just as I was about to go back I saw him, I followed him and pulled him by the arm. "What the f..Hope what are you doing?" I think I scared him a bit so I smiled giving him my best puppy face ever. "What do you think jerk?" he wasn't that stupid I knew he understood, but he avoided my eyes and I didn't know why.

"I can't talk right now really Hope! Maybe this afternoon, I'll pass by and then we talk this over" Talk what over? Is he kidding me? I wasn't sure about believing him, because he's just been avoiding me for the last two weeks! I looked at him hesitant "Promise" he whispered and walked into his class. I felt so stupid, he just left me there.

"Took you a long time miss Kambly" Mrs Fiendes said as I walked back into my class, everyone was staring at me and I hated it. The hours at school drifted away slowly and when I was about  to go home I realized (again) that I had nobody to drive with 'cause my oh so best friend didn't care anymore. I groaned and started walking towards home, it's gonna take only 20 minutes I thought to myself trying to find the positive side of it, but there was none.

"Need a ride?" Someone asked, I knew it was Ariel, my classmate and one of my best friends. God bless her, I really needed a ride home. I plopped into the seat and released a sigh. "Thanks A, I couldn't think about walking home today. I'm so pissed right now." She gave me a curious glare. "still Liam ignoring you?" I told her about this awkward situation and she already knew 'cause her cousine, Leah, was Dakota's (Liam's girlfriend) classmate. I nodded, this ride was getting discouraging I just hoped that we would get there soon. "Don't worry, everything will turn back as usual" I wasn't sure about that, I just wished it could.

"Thanks for the ride A" I smiled at her. She waved her hand as goodbye and drove away. I opened the apartment door and before walking in I glanced over at door number 8, I wonder what Liam was doing, I smiled lightly and walked in. My mom was sitting on the couch, drunk as usual, watching some stupid reality show. "H-honey how was school?" I spent almost everyday at Liam's so that I didn't have to stay with my mom. I hated it, the smell of alcohol reached my bones and it was disgusting.She started drinking when my dad left us, they fought a lot and he decided to leave, letting me here 'cause wanted to travel around the world and I was still too young, but he always sent me presents, he still does but he lives in London now. When I was a little girl my mom used to hit me, and at school teachers always asked me why I had bruises on my face or blue spots all over my body, I always made up an excuse, nobody knew except for Liam. But I grew strong let's just say that I'm the mom in this house 'cause she can't take care of herself .I've always been avoiding situations that involved feelings I didn't trust anybody, except for Liam, and now he was letting me down.

"Mom, take a shower you stink! I'll help you!" I really wasn't into this right now but I had to. I grabbed her and pulled her into the bath tube, I started washing her while she was giggling about something. "You look so beautiful sweetheart, you look just like your brother" then she started crying like a little baby. My now 23 year old brother Brian left us when I was 14, he ran away and never showed up again, I really missed him, I tried to call him a few times but he never answered my phone calls. I used to think that it was mom's fault 'cause she started drinking like crazy, but maybe it was just him that didn't love us, me. He left me in this mess alone.

"Shhh mom, everything's ok" I whispered in her ear. She was calming down but I couldn't let my guard down, in fact she glanced at me angrily. "Stupid little bitch it's all your fault" Here we go again, I just couldn't take it anymore.  She always yelled at me after I reminded her of Brian, she didn't realize how silly she acted. "Mom alcohol doesn't solve your damn problems, get that in your head" I yelled back at her and she looked shocked and after a few seconds she started crying again. "cm on mom, you need some sleep" I said while I pulled out of her closet some clean pyjama's. She put them on quickly and without another word I shut the door.

I turned on the tv and just looked at the images that were passing by. I was so exhausted, I couldn't handle this situation any longer, she was just tearing me apart, I wasn't strong enough anymore. I had to solve this problem, she was throwing her life away. I turned on the computer to take a look at some rehab center when the door bell rang. I knew it was Liam.

"Hey Hope" he said smiling nervously. I tried not to pay attention at his tense body. I just hugged him. "Thank God you're here Liam, my mom went crazy again. I can't do this anymore." I said with painful voice. He gently pushed me away and stared at me. "We need to talk" he was still looking into my eyes and I felt some strange feelings grow inside me and I knew it was a bad sign. He held my hand brushing it lightly and rapped his finger into mine. 

"Hope, first of all I'm so sorry about ignoring you these two weeks, I really felt bad" He looked sincere but it seemed like there was more he wanted to tell me. "I fell in love Hope, can you believe that? The ass player of the school finally found his girl, I am happy Hope" and what? what else? what are the bad news? I smiled at him, not knowing how to feel, I just wanted to jump on him and stay in his arms, I felt weak and hurt. "But, there... is something I need to tell you. Dakota is the most beautiful girl I ever met, and... she.. she is just a little jealous, she made me choose Hope" I knew that someday it was going to happen, I was confident, he always told me he would never choose 'cause he knew it was going to be me, his best friend.

"I'm sorry Hope, I never wanted to be in this position" he mumbled. What was he talking about? I looked at him confused. "Hope, I choose her" as he said the words my world literally fell apart. I wasn't anything without him he was my half, the one who completed me. I was strong beside him and I didn't feel lost. I felt my knees like jelly, I couldn't stand straight, I grabbed his arm feeling my heartbeat faster and faster. I looked at him as tears started to run down my cheeks.

"How could you do this to me? How am I gonna live without you Liam, just tell me how? You've known me since I was 4 years old, you can't just ignore me. Don't do this please" I begged him, please change your mind I thought to myself. "I can't Hope, I don't want to screw this up" he said with pleading eyes. "Get out Liam, I can't believe your doing this, I won't be there for you when you break up I'm not your spare wheel, get out right now" I tried to push him but he didn't move, he was too strong. "Pops please, let me explain" He said while trying to get my hands of his chest as I was pushing him out the door. "There's nothing to explain Liam you're letting me down, you know how much I need you, you're the only one that makes me happy" He tried to say something but nothing came out of his mouth. I begged him with my eyes full of tears. "Now Liam" I whispered.

He slowly walked out and after shutting the door I leaned against the door with my face on my knees. I cried sobbing out my tears. I knew he was still there, listening to my pain. I knew he was sorry. "Go away Liam" I screamed through the door and then I heard his footsteps. Silence overwhelmed me.

My life sucks.

**********************************************

So this is a new story I was thinking of... I don't know if you'll like it but I hope you leave a comment to let me know.

(I'm updating a picture of Hope).