The Devil's Hound

Prologue

I took a deep breathe in as I stood at the edge of the water. Nothing could stop me from walking in. The water lapped over the shore gently tickling my feet as it drew itself back into one. My heart raced at the pure thought of jumping in, I chuckled at the thought. I opened my eyes to see the beautiful horizon right in front of me. I heard my mother in my head; she wanted me to come back to the pack house to pack my belongings. I didn’t want to move…. Again. My heart began to slow from the sadness.  So I did the one thing that would bring me back to my good mood. I dove right into the freezing water. The darkness of the ocean engulfed me in a semi-balance of warmth. I looked to the surface as I swam back up. Something grabbed my leg and I let the air out of mouth. Watching bubbles drift to the surface to pop. I looked down to see who my attacker was. It was my best friend Ambrose. He is the same age me. Dark red hair about shoulder length floated around his face in the water. He is six foot six of pure muscle. If he wanted to he could drag me down to the bottom just so he could get rid of me. Even though I knew he was just playing around with me, but my heart hurt even more now just by looking at him. Everyone in our pack from the day we were born thought we would be mates; just because we were inseparable. When we had become of age nothing had happened. Until six months later my younger sister had become of age.  Now they were inseparable, and I had lost my only friend, my best friend.

Hurting so much I swam to the surface only to hear him laughing at me.

“What was that all about Ambrose?” I screamed. I knew I was just upset that he was mated to my sister, younger sister.

“I know its hurts to know that I’m mated to your sister and your still here unmated and depressed that we’re moving again.” He said in reluctance. “I was just trying to get back to our old times, but I guess that has gone, just like the pack house will be tomorrow when we leave.” He swam towards the shore. I hated that he was right but there was nothing going to change my mind about how life was here. I started to swim towards the shore as well when all of a sudden a shiver went down my back and it wasn’t because of the freezing cold water. Something was coming for me. I just didn’t know if it was bad or good.

Chapter one: Ice Blue

“The moon affects us all in different and numerous ways, if you’re a were wolf the full moon makes you stronger, faster and even more powerful then you are without it.” Mrs. Evans looked all around the class. She was teaching the class where most of our powers come from. Why were - wolves could transform. What happens to demons during the full moon? What gods use the moon to have humans worship them? I was trying so hard to concentrate but during Mrs. Evans lecture I heard the loud beat of drowning pool’s let bodies hit the floor roam. A demon sitting next to me had his ears buds in and he was nodding his head to beat of the music. Nikolas is his name he is a shade demon. A type of demon that scares humans in order to feed off their frightened souls; a shade demon can cloak himself in the shadows, but it gives off the presence of someone watching you. They do this in order to get their prey running in fear. It’s a sick way of saying I’m hungry.

But he’s not the only unusual thing in this school. This school is full of gods, demi-gods, demons, were wolves, and one or two vampires. The vampires are becoming somewhat instinct. I tried my hardest to get back on track with class, but my father contacted me through mind link.

Son, my brother’s pack has just landed at the airport. They will be here in an hour. After this class is done you must come home.He pushed through the link.

Ok. I pushed back. My uncle’s pack had maybe ten fifteen wolves within it. They had lost so many to other packs due to mating. So my father had talked him into joining our pack. This was going to be good, not.