Chapter One: Hello Summer

"Oh, shit! Marci! Help!" Anne Howard screamed as loud as she could, as she tripped over her own toe, and landed in to a vat of green foam. Glasses in hand, drenched from head to toe, she waddled out of the pit, laughing the whole way.

"Well, Marci! I congratulate you on finding such a fabulous place. Let summer begin!" Anne looked at her best friend, and they both shared a giggle.

Each girl was doused in green foam, coated in glitter, and each had a lipstick kiss on their cheek. Summer had officially begun. School had let out yesterday, and they were both officially seniors in high school. Both ready for a summer romance.

"I can't believe you get to go scuba diving! In Mexico! With turtles, and coral, and fish. And I bet you'll meet a guy! What the hell." Marcella Castila looked at her best friend with awe and a bit of envy. She was stuck in New York for the summer. They each looked at each other, and grinned.

The girls had made a bet with each other- email each other about their relationships. All the details, fights, kisses, hookups, breakups... everything. Whoever accomplished their summer romance list first, wins. The prize- all-expenses-paid shopping trip in New York.

Anne's Summer Romance List

1. Taller than 5'9", Anne's height.

2. Kiss underwater.

3. Go further than 2nd base.

4. Break his heart.

Marci's Summer Romance LIst

1. Get her first kiss

2. ....... No idea!

"I promise I'll email you every day! It's only for a month. You never know." Anne glanced at Marci, and looked back at her glitter-coated feet, and smirked. She planned on doing much more than what her list said.

Marci also smirked at her feet. Oh, the fun she'd have in the summer!

The unspoken question was- who'd have more summer secrets to spill?