Against My Will

Since all Slave to a vampire Stories on Wattpad are amazingly succesful, I decided to try my own.

                                                                                   -

Laine's Point Of View:

A boy enters the shop, Steve's Stupendous Slaves, and the shop bells tinkle merrily. I growl at the boy, who even though he is a vampire and can tear me to shreds in a moment, back off, looking grossed out at the sight of me.

Sure, I look gross now, my blonde hair matted with leaves and my brown eyes dark and vicious, but when I almost escaped, before I lost hope, I, in my own opinion, was quite beautiful.

When I almost escaped... my throat tightens as I remember how close I got to the human world- my world, where humans can live free, where my mother was stolen from...

The merry bell tinkles again, and this time, even though I growl viciously, the boy walks toward my cage.

"Hello dear, how are we doing today?" he asks, a twinkle in his eyes. He looks about 17, three years older than my age of fourteen, and is quite handsome, well, as bloodsucking leaches that improson me go, with dark brown hair that falls into his brown eyes.

"I'm doing a lot better than your corpse will be if you buy me." I threaten, baring my teeth.

He laughs, which reminds me of a deeper version of the bells.

Two huge, muscular bodygaurds are behind him suddenly.

Bodygaurds? This guy must be important. Only high up soldiers and princes have bodygaurds.

"Eric, Romeo, go ask the kind man how much this girl is." he says, smiling at me.

Smelly Steve, which is what i've nicknamed the old man who owns this shop because he always reeks of whiskey, bows in front of the boy.

"For you, my highness, take the girl for free. She is quite a misbehaving brat, so you would probably be more interested i-" Smelly Steve begins his selling pitch, but the boy holds up a black-gloved hand to stop him.

My highness? Only the prince, Prince Derik of Shadows, would be called that! I realized, amazed.

"No, my good man, I quite have taken a liking to this one. I shall let everyone know where I have bought her too." The boy, who must be Prince Derik, bowed.

Smelly Steve's bloodshot eyes widened- if I misbehaved and the prince told his friends about Smelly Steve, Smelly Steve was done for.

He hissed in my ear as he opened my cage door and handed the leash around my neck to Prince Derik,

"Don't make me angry, Laine. Or you won't live long."

Prince Derik smiles at me, but keeps the leash about five feet long.

"Come now," he says.

I plant my feet to the ground.

"I will not go with you with this.. THING around my neck. I'd rather die!" I exclaim, squinching my eyes closed and waiting for death to come.

Speaking back to the prince is a crime punishable by death.

"Miss.. what is your name?" He begans.

"Laine." I say, quite surprising myself.

What right does this man have to know my name?

"I am Derik. Well, Prince Derik of Shadows." He says, making an elegant bow, which almost strangles me since he is still holding the leash.

Derik sees that he almost killed me, and mutters sorry.

I wish he'd kill me. It'd be better than being a slave to vampires...

To be continued...