Chapter I

"This... This... Feeling..."

   "This... Tension..."

   "It's..."

   "It's..!"

   "Sensei!! Breakfast!" Saitama's eyes flicker open, and he sits up, disappointed once again by his dreams. He stands, stretching, and scratches his stomach.

   "What'd you make? It smells good." he sits at the table, and Genos slips a plate full of eggs and a couple slices of toast doused in butter. He then places salt and pepper on the table, another plate with the same foods across from him, and sits down.

   Saitama continues eating with pleasure, though a bit quicker than usual, but he's not sure why...

   "Eh, Genos?"

   "Yes, Sensei?"

   "If there were someone near by, you'd be able to detect them, right?"

   "Yes, is something the matter?!" he jumps up, staggering, but his superior waves his hand, brushing aside the topic.

   "Never mind, I guess it's just paranoia, I guess," he stands, having already finished, "Thanks for breakfast, it was good." he walks to the sink, ruffling his disciple's hair along the way. Genos looks at his own upside-down reflection in his spoon. 

   "If Sensei's paranoid, can that mean there's something wrong with my system..?  Did something happen with Doctor's last repair..? Maybe I'll ask him to check it out..."

   "Sensei, I should be back soon." Genos slips out before Saitama can say anything else, and he goes off down the street. He starts at a slow pace, but gradually gets faster. Next a sort of trot, then a skip, then he begins jogging, then simply starts sprinting down the road, as if something, or someone, were chasing him. 

   Saitama, completely oblivious to this strange behavior, simply switches on the news, awaiting possible news of any attacks.

   Hours pass, and Saitama decides it'd be best to get to that all day sale at the supermarket sooner rather than later, and gets ready to leave. He changes clothes, and gets ready to leave, but as he readies to close the door, he catches the time on the clock hanging on the wall. It's three, but Genos left at around ten. 

   "It's been awfully long, hasn't it?" he thinks to himself, but shrugs it off. 

   "I'm sure he has a perfectly good reason to have taken so long. Like that one time with the class C criminals at the store."  

   He then continues to march off to the store, completely unaware of the dangers stirring in just the ground beneath him.