Chapter 1

Sonia.

'' soniaa, soniaa, sonii'' i heard a familiar voice caling me from a distance and i immediatly knew who it was, no one other than my beautiful, loud bestfriend Angelina. I ran out of my room to meet her half way as she threw her arms around me.

' so, what owes me the pleasure of being hugged to death today ? ' i asked jokingly as she released me from the death grip.

' you won't belived what happened ' she squiled. I laughed at her face, then brought her to sit with me on the love couch in the living room.

' what happened ' i asked curiously. ' he proposed, '  ' oh my god, i can't believe he proposed to me' she continued as i sat their shoked by her words.

' oh my god, he proposed? ' i asked not realy sure if i heard her right.

' yess' she answered almost immediatly as she jumped and squized the life out of me, ' and you are coming with me ' she finished.

' why, where are we going? ' i asked as i stepped out of her tight ambrace. ' oh please tell me you didn't forget you were in India ' she sighed and made her way to the kitchen.

' oh how can i forget with you here with your loud mouth ' i sighed minicking her gesture and followed her to the kitchen while putting my waist lenght hair in a ponytail.

' well look who is here, ' i heard my brother say as we entered the kitchen. My brother was a long, fit, handsome, scary guy with his black hair blue eyes and tanned skin, i am actually very jelous of his appearence because i inherited my fathers boring brown eyes and brownish hair which i hated, every one in our village respected my brother, but i think they only did that because they were afraid of him.

You are propably wondering why i said village, well as my brother told me, we were born in the states and lived in a big house with our indian mother and our american dad. When i was about two years old my dad devoced my mom and kicked her out of his house, and threw her part of the money in her face but luckily my mom owned a land of her own in India. So my mom immediatly took the plane to india, but died the bus to our way to her home town. My brother by then was about thirteen years old when that happened and he took my responsibility and raised me without anyones help, well there was an old guy that took care of my mom's land when she was gone that helped him alittle bit but he had his own life too.

I met Angelina when we were both starting year five together, and she gave me half of her chocolate and after that we bacame inseprable, we shared the same hair colour and we both had the same tanned skin, people always thought we were sisters and we let them think that, the only diffence we had was our eyes, she had two killer hazel eyes that every guy in our school was in love with, she was the outgoing and loud one and i was the shy boring one, i don't really want to hate on myself but i always thought my life was boring, but i didn't mention it to any one, not that i didn't want to, it's just that i didn't have any one to talk to.

My brother was always overprotective and didn't want me to leave at night to go to parties and Angie, my only friend was always out parting until she met her now fiance, Raj, he was the richest guy in school and had sinful mouth, but that he was, he left his family yesterday because they didn't approve Angie, the farm girl and proposed to her at the beach last night.

In this part of India where we live, it's a tradition that when a girl and a boy decide to marry each other they do it after fifteen days and in those fifteen days the bride takes her closest friends and family to her parents house where they all will be living under those fifteen days, and it's just too bad if the family has a small house and a big family.

' so what do you think? ' Arjun, my brother asked pulling me out of my thoughts, ' what? ' i asked and they both glared at me.

' what do you think about going to stay at Angie's house for the fifteen days before the wedding? ' he asked again with gritted teeth. I smiled at him, typical Arjun, he hated repeating himself but he was always patient with me and Angie. I was actually suprised that he was leting me go with Angie alone, but i knew deep down that he didn't want me to go, he was only doing this because he didn't want to hurt angie's feelings when it was soon her wedding.

' would you answer the question or do you want me to bitch slap you out of your thoughts ' Angie snapped at me.

' yes Angie i would love to marry you ' i said wanting to frustrate them, and it did work by the way that they both glared at me. ' alright, that's it, i'm leaving now ' she said frustrated as she headed towards the door.

I ran after her and hugged her from behind, ' i'm sorry, i would love to go, just let me pack my stuff ' i said kissing her cheek before letting her go and turning around to go to my room to pack my stuff.

It didn't take long before i was hugging my brother goodbye, i went in the car with a huge grin on my face, i was finally facing the World alone with out my brother even if it was just for fifteen days, who knows what could happen in fifteen day.

____________________________________________________________________________________

hello readers, this is the first chapter of my first book, and i really really really really really hope you like it, if you do or don't like it just please click the like thingy, i'm sorry i don't know what to call it, just click it to mend my heart, click the bottom dammit, just click it.