A Lesson Learned

Treasures P.O.V*

At first glance you might think my life is perfect. At second glance you wont think you'll know my life is perfect. In my case it definetly is what it looks like. I have no idea Who my father is and to be honest ive never once asked about him nor do i care about him. I already have all I need.I only have 2 realatives that I know of my Mom Carmen , My brother Jace and my bestfriend kiera.Yes I know a lot of people but they don't really know me. I argue with my moms , I argue with my brother , i argue with my bestfriend & anybody else whose brave enough to go against what I'm saying weather im wrong or not don't speak on that shit especially if I didn't ask you to. I can be abit arrogant & rude at times I really don't like confrontation yet I'm always in it. To be honest Im getting sick of explaining myself.So ima just Let you figure out who I am for yourself.

"What the fuck!!!!"I screamed smashing the white pillow that matched my all white room over my head. I know for a fact I unplugged that alarm clock not even 2 minutes ago yet that bitch is in my ear screaming AGAIN! I felt around for the plug & held it in my hand examining my freshly manicured nails making a mental note to get them redone just for the hell of it. I could still hear that annoying ass ringing ;then it hit me It was the smoke alarm . I jerked up from my bed looked in the mirror & i had to admire myself even at 5:30 in the morning I looked good with hair cascading down my back, grey eyes, A heart shaped beauty mark beside my eye,a beautiful smile & the perfect body i can get whatever I want when I want.

"Shit" I mumbled as I smelled something burning. I almost forgot. I slid on my Louibiton house shoes, stormed out my room & ran down the spiral stairs so fast you wouldve thought i was training for the olymipics. I'm ready to smack the shit out of whoever woke me up out of my peaceful sleep.

I stood in the doorway of the grey , orange & green dimly lit kitchen watching my mother wave a towel in the air. which makes since as to why the alarm went off because my mom cant cook if her life depended on it.Her fluffy pink robe hung off her body dragging the floor almost looking as though it swallowed her. Her beautiful hair was in a High bun Sitting at the crown of her head. I cleared my throat & she turned around to face me.... her once Gorgeous face looked watered down and tired. If u thought Beyonce or Halle Berry was beautiful my mom could put both women to shame but that was before she got Leukemia. Now the only think that she had going for herself was her beautiful hair......... smh

"Why are you staring at me that Way Treasure" she smiled at me revealing beautiful straight teeth.

"No Reason"I shrugged, "But what are You burning Ma I was Sleep"

she started rambling "Well I figured you might be hungry and with me being sick and all i wanted...."

I cut her off "Ma don't worry about it please just cut the stove off & get out of the kitchen before you fuck some shit up" I walked back up the stairs.

Standing In my walk in closet I pulled out 3 outfits 3 pairs of shoes one for school today, another for the party later & the third one just for the just in case. You never know what can happen plus I don't plan on coming back home until later tonight or the morning. I thought while tossing 2 outfits in my Michael Core Duffel bag and laying the other one on the bathroom counter. After getting out the shower & taking care of my hygiene I sat on my bed putting lotion on. I could hear light nocks coming from the opposite side of my door ...

"Come In" I yelled. My mom walked in my room & grabbed my hands my heart stopped alittle bit looking at her she looked in pain & she probably was. Our house was huge a mini mansion that my mother's father had had built for her before he died so there's alot of stairs & walking up them is no joke. Especially if you have cancer and you shouldnt be walking at all. I shrugged off the thought & gave her my undivided attention.