Chapter 3

"Hi, Molly," Harry greeted as he and McGonagall entered the Weasleys' home.

"Hello, Harry dear," the older woman replied smiling. "I'll make sure he gets to the train all right, Minerva."

"Thank you, Molly. I would take him myself, but Albus wants to speak with me before term begins."

Harry ran off to find Ron, leaving the two women to talk.

"Do you think it's about Harry?" Molly asked.

Minerva nodded, "Hagrid is sure to have told Albus what I did. I don't regret it, but I know I disappointed him by not trusting his wisdom."

"You did the right thing, Minerva. And anyways, Albus can never stay mad at you. You know that," Molly replied smiling.

"Of course you're right, Molly. You always are."

"What are you hiding, Minerva?"

"Nothing, Molly," Minerva replied.

Molly glared at the older woman, "I can sense the concealment charm, and I know Albus will as well."

"It's nothing, Molly. Really."

Molly muttered the counter charm to the concealment charm Minerva was using to show a rather round stomach. She gasped, "I thought this was impossible at your age, Minerva."

"I thought so as well till the middle of the school year. I'm amazed Albus didn't notice I was hiding something near the end of the year. Nor did you, till now. Harry's the only one who knows."

Molly nodded, "I presume it's Albus's."

Minerva nodded before saying goodbye and apparating away. Molly shook her head at where the older witch had been before heading inside to find Harry telling Ron all about the child that Minerva was carrying.

Meanwhile at Hogwarts.

Minerva stood in Albus's office awaiting the old wizard. She had already reestablished her concealment charm before entering the castle, so Albus wouldn't know her secret. Albus, she knew, would be angry with her, but if it got too out of hand, she would reveal the secret she didn't plan on telling anyone. She had told Harry when she got back for the summer somewhat unwillingly after he found her bent over the toilet late one night. Harry had been worried about her, so she told him to keep him from worrying. Ever since, the boy's been excited for the arrival of what he determined to be his younger brother or sister.

"Why do you keep secrets from me, Minerva?" Albus asked walking into the room. "I should have known you would not be able to let him stay with them. That secret I understand, but the other... Tell me, why would you not tell me?"

How did Albus know? Was the first thought Minerva had. The second was, I know Molly wouldn't have told him. "How did you know?"

"It's all in your posture, Minerva. Your concealment charm may keep it from being seen, but it doesn't hide how you carry yourself."

Minerva nodded, "I was scared, Albus. I didn't want to give you hope when I wasn't sure if my advanced age would do anything to the child. It isn't normal for one of my age to carry a child."

"Minerva, you still should have told me. I know many spells to keep your fears from coming true, but alas, you are far too far along for those spells now. We must wait and hope all will be well."

"I've lasted eight months, Albus. I don't think anything will occur in the next few weeks. Poppy asked me to come to her as soon as you were finished speaking to me. She wants to check on my progress."

"Of course, do you mind if I come along?"

"I don't see why not since, as the muggles say, the cat's out of the bag." Minerva laughed.

The pair headed off to the Hospital Wing only to find the baby was coming early. It came early in the morning on September first. Minerva was thankful that her child was okay even if it was early.

The baby had her father's auburn hair, and her mother's brown eyes but with more softness than Minerva's.

"Megan," Minerva whispered as she held her daughter. "Megan Lilly Dumbledore."

Albus smiled, "Did Harry pick out the middle name?"

"I asked him if he wanted to give me any ideas for a name. He said Lilly for a girl or James for a boy. I couldn't bare to have her first name to be Lilly, so I chose to put a different first name with either name as the middle. If it were a boy, he would have been Nathaniel James."

"I see," Albus nodded. "I have much work to do. I will be back to see the two of you soon."

As Albus turned to leave, Poppy Pomfrey walked over to Minerva with a potion, "Take this so that you are able to go to the feast tonight. I'll watch her for you."

Minerva smiled before gulping down the potion, "Thank you, Poppy. I will be back after the feast, but for now, I will remain with her."

"Of course," Poppy smiled. "You may head to your quarters. Bring her to me before each of your classes. I'll watch her. I know Albus just won't have the time to watch her himself.

"Thanks, Poppy."

Minerva left with her little Megan to wait for Albus in her personal quarters. Unfortunately, Albus never found the time to get there before it was time for the feast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I know McGonagall and Dumbledore aren't as young as most, but I am an avid Minalbus shipper, so I just had to do this. No one is ever in McGonagall's quarters in the books, so I didn't see how she couldn't have a child with her, right? And who's to say witches go through menopause like muggles do. They live longer, so I think it'll be nice if they also get to have children at such an advanced age as McGonagall's. Now, I'm gonna start questions for dedications. Here's the first question.

What did Moony say through the Marauder's Map to Snape? You know, when Snape caught Harry with it.