Complications

Two hedgehogs, one a bright azure, the other black with crimson streaks lacing his body, had both been wandering through Eggman's labyrinth of a ship for what seemed like hours now, and both were becoming incredibly bored.

"Hate to break it to ya Shads, but are ya sure you know where we're going?" The blue hedgehog piped up, staring over at his darker counterpart. "Cuz this hallway seems very familiar to me."

Rolling his eyes dramatically, Shadow glanced behind him, only to glare at the other in annoyance. "Yes, Sonic, for the third time within the course of ten minutes, I do know where we're going. Now stop asking me so I can actually concentrate, instead of listening to you repeat your sentences over and over." Spinning his head back around quickly so he could actually see where he was going, the darker hedgehog continued walking down the never-ending corridor, not looking behind him to check whether Sonic was there or not.

Sonic let out a loud exasperated sigh, leaned his body weight forwards, resembling that of a hunchback, and pouted his lips in an effort to look annoyed at the darker hedgehog that was walking proudly in front.

The two contrasted greatly. From their fur colour, to their personality, even the way they walked, they were the polar opposite of each other. Shadow was a perfectionist- a neat freak- some might say. His fur was always immaculate, his black pelt always seemed glossy in the sun and there was never a quill out of place on his head. Sonic on the other hand never seemed to care much about his appearance, as long as his fur was a bright blue, and his shoes a cherry red, he was happy. The hedgehog didn't seem to mind dirt, which was why it was always hilarious to him when Shadow got specks of mud or oil on his white chest fur, as the darker hedgehog would constantly fiddle with it... which was exactly what he was doing right now.

"Faker, would ya quit pruning yourself? We do have a job to do, y'know?" Sonic spat, usually he wouldn't mind the others quirks, but right now they were annoying him, due to the fact that Sonic knew full well the other had no idea where he was going, but was too stubborn to admit it.

Spinning around on his heel once more, pulling his hands away from his chest, Shadow came face to face with an angry blue hedgehog who really didn't seem like he wanted to be around him. "And what job is that, hedgehog? Last time I remember, you went completely off task and got us both captured, Which is why I am once again in this tedious aircraft, stuck here with you."

Scowling, Sonic challenged back: "Well at least we actually got to where we were heading, which is more than what I can say now that you're leading the way." By now the blue hedgehog had crossed his arms and was glaring daggers at Shadow. "And gee Shadow, you aren't the most palatable person yourself sometimes! admit it- You're lost- Oh wait! you can't- the Ultimate Lifeform can never get lost -huh?" Sonic flailed his arms around in frustration, trying to emphasise his own point. And as always, Sonic found it impossible to shut up once he had started. "The great Ultimate Lifeform, Oh my! Bow down, kiss his feet! mwah-- mwah!~~~ What a brilliant  friend you've turned out to be!" --Sarcasm dripping from his words.

Sonic failed to notice the growing burning rage in Shadow's eyes as he continued. Usually Shadow would  ignore him, however the foul mood Sonic was in, was apparently running through Shadow's veins too. Sonic was about to continue spouting his nonsense-- But was cut off short by a gloved fist swiftly meeting his face, making a loud smacking sound as it collided with sensitive facial tissue.

"Okay-----ow-, I deserved that." Sonic groaned, as he clutched his face, where a purple bruise was already starting to form. Staring up at the other, the blue hedgehog awaited something else-another punch maybe? A slap?-But nothing else met his face, only a particularly pissed off Shadow who was now staring at him in disgust.