FwB Chapter 7: Their Masks

It was a tiring week to say the least, but not the kind of tiring work week that Haruka had grown used to and aggravated of for the last three years. It was the kind of work week where they were all just so busy with finishing all the necessary tasks to ready for the upcoming event that the blonde didn't even have any time to breathe let alone think of Michiru.

But as Friday morning's dawn broke and the still quiet streets only began to stir under her, green orbs opened tiredly, resolute on working just a few more hours in order to see the violinist.

Her phone vibrated loudly as the alarm for it broke off. Sitting in quiet contemplation on the side of her bed, she only let out a soft sigh before getting up altogether, grabbing a towel and underwear on the way to the bathroom.

A half an hour later, she emerged from the bathroom, beads of water trailing across her toned body and drops of it dribbling from her wet sandy blonde hair. She could feel the symptoms of withdrawals finally catching up to her as she stared at her semi nude form in the full body mirror.

Raising her hand to her stomach, she rubbed her sculpted abs affectionately, waves of hotness and pleasure settling itself at her core.

She frowned and swallowed hard, shaking her head to dispel the raving emotions overtaking her body.

Just…a few more hours… she thought to herself and turned away from the mirror, grabbing another towel on her bed and drying her hair roughly.

Walking to her closet, she pulled a fresh white shirt from her cabinet and pulled it on, buttoning a white dress shirt afterwards. As she began zipping her tan slacks on, her phone rang loudly from her bedside. Glancing at it, she pulled her belt around her waist before walking to her bed, answering it with an even tone.

"Are you up, dear?" her mother asked on the other line.

Smiling softly, she nodded before answering, "Yeah. I'll be coming in soon to help you finish the rest of the paperwork as well as attend the meet and greet 'til three."

"Alright, I'm already here. See you in a couple minutes."

Haruka hung up her phone and pocketed it. Walking back to her closet, she grabbed the blazer that came with the pants her mother bought for her only a couple days back and grabbed her wallet and keys before making her way out of her condo. Locking the heavy doors behind her, she walked to the elevator and pressed the up button. Several moments later, the door opened and there appeared Tenoh Yoshiko with what seemed to be her "strict" look: her hair up in a tight bun, stretching her face up to appear as if she was frowning when she wasn't.

"Ooohh, someone's serious today," the blonde teased and joined her mother in the elevator.

"Look who's talking," the elder female Tenoh stated with a smile. "You never sleep in the Tower unless you were being serious…" Haruka chuckled, feeling her weight heighten as the elevator rode them higher up Tenoh Corp. "Are you excited to see Michiru-chan?"

The young CEO gave a half hearted shrug, still feeling the warmth settling itself below her stomach.

Yoshiko laughed heartedly. "Liar…you can hardly wait…"

Haruka smirked widely as the elevator door opened and appeared their ever attentive secretary.

"Good morning Tenoh-san, Tenoh-san," she greeted with a bow as the blonde only nodded and her mother gave a proper greeting. "Some of the Board members are already here and are awaiting instructions in Conference Room A."

O--O

Haruka sighed loudly, boredom getting the best of her as yet another company's representatives came up to their table and gave an obviously fake welcome back greeting to her mother who only nodded back. The only consolation prize she could grab from the whole thing was looking at Richie Fields in the other table adjacent from theirs who after finally realizing that the elder female Tenoh was back and for good could only scowl…long and hard. She laughed inwardly again as she met eyes with his glowering blue ones.