One, two pick up your shoe.

Start from the beginning

“I hope everyone is present here…?” Lady Oak said and scrutinized everyone in the room.

“Clover hasn’t come as yet.” Dandelion said and wickedly looked at Rose.

“You’re such a…” Rose cursed her in her mind and wondered how Dandelion knew about Clover’s disappearance. Clover had left the campus without Lady Oak’s approval and Rose was the only one who knew about it.

“Where is she…I hope you all are aware that the gates of the quarters closes at this time?” Lady Oak said and stared at everyone.

Knowing that Dandelion might say something again, Rose hurriedly said; “Clover is upstairs sleeping in her bed..She isn’t keeping well.” She added and stared at Dandelion.

Lady Oak sighed and blamed the change in climate, she adjusted her reading glasses and pulled out an envelope from her side pocket. The girls’ eyes widened, as she tore open the envelope and unfolded a letter. She read it in her mind and then turned to look at the curious faces.

“The performance has been scheduled for Monday…you have to come prepared.” Lady Oak folded the letter and said in a stern voice.

“What?...Monday is the day after.”

“How are we going to prepare so fast.”

There was chaos in the room, all the girls started complaining and frowning. They weren’t expecting any news like this. Their performance was schedule for next week , this sudden change in dates caused all of them to sulk in disappointment.

“It’s an Order from Dame Petal….now leave.” she signalled Lilly to guide everyone back to their room.

“And Rose,” she called out to her and said; “I will come up stairs, to check on Clover soon.”

Rose nodded and left the room with the rest, she bit her lips and wondered why Clover was taking so long? And what would happen if Lady Oak would find out that she was lying? She entered the large room that had fifteen single beds placed in a row. Her eyes fell on Clover's bed, it was unoccupied.

“This is not done, I haven’t practised enough.” Violet whined and jumped on the bed next to Rose.

Rose ignored Violet and stood near the window, she looked out in the darkness to see if Clover was out there. It was late and Lady Oak had closed the gates as usual. Rose started planning out ways to keep Lady Oak away from entering the room.

“Are you even listening…?” Violet yelled and threw a pillow at Rose.

“Uhmm…yes I know, I am just worried for Clover.” Rose replied and continued standing there.

As she stood there figuring out ways to save clover, somebody threw a stone at her from outside. She was startled and turned to look out of the window.

“Clover!...where were you?” she yelled at Clover who had thrown the stone to gain her attention.

“Shh…I will explain, just hand over the keys.” Clover whispered in reply.

“Oh look, ther's a Romeo flirting from down there with Rose.”  Lilly commented as she came and stood by the window next to Rose.

“Lilly can you get the keys…Please just this time?” Clover requested, clasping her hands at Lilly.

Lilly shook her head and refused, she had been warned by Lady Oak once, after getting caught while flicking the keys. Lilly was no ways going to disappoint Lady Oak again.

“Oh fine…get Rapunzel’s hair?” Clover cried and made the puppy face.

Rose rushed and pulled the sheets off from all the beds and knotted each to form one single long sheet. She tied one end to the bed and threw down the other end. She smiled and gestured Clover to climb it. Lilly and Violet helped her pull Clover , they managed to get her inside before Lady Oak entered in with a glass of warm milk.