Deadly Secreats and Beautiful Lies...

What do you do when all hope is gone? When everything and everyone you knew and loved is no longer there. Who would you turn to for help? How could you find the way to make things seem right again, or would you? Tara Lakely is just about to find out how hard the real world is; now the only question is how is she going to handle it? With the death of her family she leaves to stay with her grandmother that she never knew about… now with her having to leave all she knows behind how will she handle it in a small town know as ‘Shipley Hollow’ or will she get more than she ever would of bargained for when she finds out that not everything there is what it seems or who they seem to be. This story will have many twist and turns that will leave readers at the edge of their seat wanting more, this spell-binding novel will leave you breathless and addicted, so hang on tight, it's going to be a ride that you want forget.

The loud chatter of people’s voices filled my ears; the smell of eccentric foods flooded my nose with its sweet aroma, and the wait staff serving in their perfect white and red suits severed champagne as people moved freely around in the over-size ballroom. Once again I find myself alone standing to the side corner watching everyone enjoy their night, its New Years Eve and instead of sitting at home waiting for the big ball to drop I find myself surrounded by people who don’t even know the real meaning of family.  I sigh inwardly while managing to maintain the smile on my face that seemed to became permenately painted here lately. My parents are always bringing me to these parties or should I say ‘events’ they seem to misunderstand my wanting ‘family time’ in exchange for being in the same room with others. Don’t get me wrong the event tonight is for a great cause and all but I rather be doing something else. They think that just because they grow up like this that it should be the same for me and that I should ‘enjoy’ it for this should be the best part of growing up ‘privileged’, yeah right, little do they know is that I hate it with a burning passion that eats at the outer core of my being. I feel so trapped, bound between these walls that have been built up around me, the barrier that blocks my escape. I want to know what it is like to be normal, no, to be normal, I would give practical anything.

The music stops and all eyes are focused on center stage where my parents and brother are standing smiling at everyone. My father who is known for his bad jokes taps the microphone not so easy might I add for I can see a few around the room wince from the high pitch sound, I silently laugh as this was the per-usual for dear old dad. I watch in good humor as he welcomes everyone for showing up for tonight and then goes on to tell them all about the money that was raised for the charity, it’s  the ‘New Years Eve’ charity that is held every year and you would think that most would be trotting about welcoming the new year with their friends and loved ones but no this is what they do every year, I know this is for a great cause and all but unlike most of these people standing here tonight I care about the greater good and not just how it looks to others just to climb farther up the social latter. Applause rang out as he finished his speech, my lips twitched slightly at knowing good and well what was to come after but instead of listening to bad humor my mother took the microphone where she promptly greeted them with a ‘thank you’ and a warm smile graced her lips as she proceeded to tell them how to money will be used and what her hopes are for future fund raisers will be. All the while I couldn’t help but be impressed by my older brother who just stood there looking at the crowd without a care in the world, he was a dead ringer for dad at that age with his short brown hair, bright green eyes, and a broad tall muscular frame. My brother unlike myself lived for this kind of life he always was telling me to ‘embrace what life has to offer and take it with wide open arms and grasp everything within reach for this is the good life where we are born into privilege, but  wealth! Where the world is ours to explore with all its wonders so be proud of who you are and where you come from because there is always someone who would love to be you.’ I never could quite grasp ‘this life’ as he so plainly put it, but he was right on some things.