DEAD LEAF

Before you read this short story, I wanted to inform you that I'm a newbie here. But not in the world of literature. =) I always have the fondness of reading adventure, love, suspense and more stories. Thus, I also love making stories.

In this story, hope I could light up another soul and inspire my readers in this kind of genre. This is a about an outcaste girl who find herself a whole new world with a special guy. But then, fate is not good with them either. Let's see if there love would last forver.

By the way, if there's something wrong with my write-up like grammar or anything feel free to write your comment. =)  

Thank you! God bless . :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

“I do. I do always love you ‘till infinity ends!”

               Those were the words I whispered in the crowd and shouted in my heart for my last memory I would share with my beloved person in my life – my Eros. Though he was lost in the mist, I can never lose the engraving in his heart saying “I love you, Charity!” A tear fell from my eye and a fall of blood from my wounded heart which bring the moment of my existence in this world. The tear and the blood attached and fell to the old dead leaf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

               Stupid, crazy, ugly, clumsy, boring and worthless that’s me, Ms. Charity Padilla. My parents always called me like that. They are “confident” to say all those words to me knowing how much pain it would crash into me. Well, I was getting used to it since I was eleven. They hate me  as their daughter. I just don’t know why. They always push me away from them. They told me that I was a disaster. I can’t even ask a help from them. But I always put in my mind that it is just a challenge for me to improve. But, how? It is the one that pulls me down to the grave! I bet they don’t still know me. Maybe they are still adjusting because I don’t live with them for almost ten years since I was born. They let me live with my grandmother while they are working for a living. I tried to be the girl they wanted, adored, and loved. I tried to be wise and active, but always end up with nothing.

               As time goes by, the grip of my parents is getting stronger and stronger. They implemented some rules like wearing long skirts and blouses, and going with them anywhere they want. That’s why I don’t make an image in my school but that’s not important anyway. One thing that worries me is I always envy to those who have friends. I was afraid that I may not have a company until the end of my life. When one day, I met a girl named Marie. She is the only one who gives joy and hopes in my life. She cheers me every day. And she is always there whenever I’m sad and depressed. She’s the girl I can always rely on. A friend who corrects me when I’m wrong and never tolerates me. And lastly, the one who understand my situation and love me the most with all of our hearts. I’m only me when I’m with her.

By the end of my high school life, I never expected it would be the end for the both of us. She was raped and killed evilly by her own uncle. Ruthless! I wasn’t able to protect my best friend. I can’t do it anymore! I cried again a thousand times thinking if I could still turn back and rescue her from the danger in spite for the protest of my parents. I wasn’t able to pay back all the good things that she did to me. I wasn’t able to make her smile for the last time with our favorite song. And I wasn’t able to say how much I love her! The worst thing is I wasn’t able attend her burial. It was all because of my parents. They didn’t let me go because of just no one would guard our house at that time. Selfish, huh? I can’t take anymore the pain!

               Then, I decided to run away. I feel like this is the right way to do. To run away from the sorrows, pain, problems, and especially my parents. I packed all my things together with my PHP 2000 saved money. I have to go to my grandmother. She is the last one I could lean on. But before I got there, I stop in a journey that turns my world upside down.