Chapter 1: Seeing Double

*This chapter contains mature content. Feel free to skip those parts if you feel uncomfortable.*

Heartbreak was the worst. At this moment, I felt like my heart was going to fall out of my chest. How could Brandon do this to me? It had been a year since he cheated on me with that redhead bimbo and now I have found out that they're getting married. MARRIED? The same girl he claimed was just a one night stand? How could men be so cruel? I gave him every fiber of my being, five years of my life, my virginity and worst of all, my heart. And he stomped on it like it was nothing.

Just thinking about it made me sick. Tears began to cloud my eyes, making my martini glass double. I hated how light-headed I was when it came to liquor. I was probably tipsy just after my second glass.

I scanned the noisy plaza hotel's bar which was now half empty. Its red painted walls looked dark pink under the dim chandelier light and although the AC was on, I felt a little hot.

"Miss, may I buy you a drink?" I heard a male voice say. I turned around on my rotating stool, legs crossed and faced a short, bald man, grinning at me. I shook my head but he wiggled his way up the seat next to me anyway. Some people were just rude. I ignored him but I still felt his eyes staring at my breasts as he talked.

"My name is Henry and you are stunning."

I calmly looked over at him and stated matter-of-factly, "don't you mean my boobs are stunning?"

I watched as he tried to fish for a reply. I could tell that he was embarrassed by the crimson color creeping on his cheeks. That however, did not stop Mr. Oompaa Lumpa from rambling on.

"Can I sit here?" I heard a male husky voice ask him after what seemed like hours of non stop chattering.

"I am kind of in the middle of something dude... There's a seat there, there and there," he dismissed him rudely. I didn't turn around but I could see him pointing at different spots around the bar.

"Get up," I heard the male voice say again but in a more commanding tone. Annoyed, I couldn't even turn to look at them. I mean couldn't a girl just drink her martini and plot her ex-boyfriend's murder in peace? Geez!

At the corner of my eye, I saw the bald man hop off the black bar stool as the other guy took his place. Thank god! If Ompaa Lumpaa said one more thing, I would have knocked him off of his seat. I was not the one to mess with today, because today, I felt wild. I was not saint Katharina as my friends called me, I was hurricane Katharina today. Saint Katharina did not go above two drinks in one night but hurricane Katharina had already had four. Saint Katharina did not plan murders but today, if I was given a gun, I would blow Brandon's cheating balls off and I WOULD LIKE IT!

I felt the cotton shirt of the man graze my skin as his expensive cologne soon filled the air I was breathing. I still didn't look his way and I prayed to god he wouldn't talk to me. I was not a rude person but today, consider me the bitch of all bitches.

"Can I get you a drink?" he asked finally after burning my skin with stares.

"No," I answered flatly without looking up from my half empty martini glass.

"TJ, can you please get her another martini and pass the bill to my room along with her previous one's," the man yelled over the loud music and TJ, the bartender, nodded in response.