The Potions Master and Gryffindor's Princess (A Snamione Tale)

Hermione was in shock as she looked down at the results of last week's Potions exam. She had received only a B. When she saw the mark, it almost brought tears to her eyes. She had never scored so low in her life. Hermione had studied very hard, and had certainly studied more than anyone else in the class. She knew it was only because of the fact that Snape loathed her that she got such an unsatisfactory grade. Across the room, she could hear Malfoy bragging about his A+. At hearing this, a new wave of anger crashed over her and she stood up.

"Professor!"

"Sit down, Granger." Snape snapped back.

Ignoring him, Hermione said, "Professor, please tell me why, a girl who is the top student in every one of her classes and studies harder than all of the other students only gets a B?" It was uncharacteristic of her to disobey teachers, and she could hear Malfoy sniggering.

Snape quickly replied with, "20 points from Gryffindor for speaking out of turn. And Granger, SIT DOWN!"

Defeated, Hermione slumped down into her seat.

"Aside from this table," Snape said, gesturing to the Slytherins, "you all did very poorly. You make me ashamed to be called your professor. Since this mark is going towards your final grade, the headmaster has asked me to offer remedial Potions, for those who wish to improve upon their marks."

At hearing this, Hermione regained hope. She would have a chance to pull off an A in potions. Snape continued, " If you wish to take the remedial Potions that I am offering, you are to meet me in this classroom for an hour before dinner every night Sunday through Friday, starting tomorrow."

There was a collective groan from all those who wanted to get a better grade, but would not sacrifice their weeknights. However for Hermione it was a small sacrifice. She would do whatever it took to raise that mark.

"You are dismissed." Snape said with a wave.

They left the dungeons and made their way to lunch in the Great Hall

Knowing that Harry and Ron had both failed the Potions exam, she asked them if they were going to take the extra lessons.