The Beginning

I was only 11. I was picked up early from school by my dad. He was in a hurry. When we got to my house, he told me to pack my things and meet him downstairs. None of my siblings were home and neither was my mom. Something told me we weren't coming back. When I came back downstairs my dad told me what was happening.

"I know this is going to be hard for you to understand but you need to listen to me. There are...things everywhere. Dead things. I don't want you to be afraid. Your uncle is waiting outside for us. You need to be quiet."

"What about everyone else?"

"They're okay. You just need to worry about yourself right now. Kassidy is in the car."

After he had explained everything, we silently headed out to my uncles car. My dad walked me to the backseat to make sure I got there safely then he threw his bag in next to me. When I looked back at him I couldn't believe my eyes. The dead things my dad had just told me about were right behind him.

"Daddy!" I yelled but it was too late. They were devouring him right before my eyes.

My uncle had to close the door before they could get to me and then we drove off. We drove for days. I was more scared than I've ever been and I could tell my sister was too. But the scariest part was that this was only the beginning.