I'm Just me. A Niall Horan Fanfic.

You know sometimes I may seem as the girl that’s always happy, trying too hard to please everyone. Acting as if what other people say doesn’t hurt me. Everyone thinks I’m so confidante and outgoing. If only everyone could see how I am at home when I’m just with my family. Not the way out in public or with the few friends I have left. And trust me, it isn’t that many. How I wish I could sit inside and stay on all my devices that give me access to that oh to important internet. The one that gives us false hope of being noticed by our very important idol, or our favorite band and all sorts of celebrities. And how heart breaking it is that they notice other girls and have done shout outs to them in the video dairies or their first concert when they answer twitter questions. How heartbreaking it is to see on those dedicated pages to them on face book of your idol hugging or kissing some other girl on the cheek and how you can’t do anything about it. Because your family isn’t the richest or you don’t always get everything you want. The bottomless pit you have at the bottom of your stomach when you think that you could meet them, how charitable one picture would be, you think that you could be there girlfriend one day until reality sets in. That’s how I used to think, until  I was 18 and I moved to England to study abroad and one fateful day ran into no other then the famous Niall Horan.  

  My name is Ellie West, and this is my story. It was one of the very infamous rainy days in London, so I was at Starbucks using their free internet to work on my paper. Your probably thinking that I could just make coffee and use the internet in the host home I am staying at for the next 4 weeks but, their oldest child is 4 and they’re kind of old fashion and don’t really believe in wifi. Weird I know. But back to my story, I was working on my paper when behind me I could hear about 10 feet rush in out of the sudden down pour. I thought I could be wrong about the number but then I heard the booming gorgeous voices of 4 British guys and a sexy Irish one. I thought it was in my head until I noticed that all the chairs were used and the table they picked had only four leaving the last to order his coffee, niall to come over and ask me if he could take the extra chair to sit with the rest of the guys. Oddly enough he didn’t ask to take it but asked if he could sit and join me on this wonderful day. He’s Niall Horan and I am a very big fan I couldn’t just say no. It took everything in me not to start babbling about how proud and how big of a fan I am.  He looks at me and I look down not wanting to look like a creep. Soon he starting tapping the table, I gave up “yes?” I asked. “Sorry, it’s just most people jump right into asking me for a picture or something, unless you’re not a fan.” Whoa being famous made him quite cocky. Personally I have always been a fan from the X-Factor days through the snapbacks and tank-tops but I really didn’t think him being famous would make him this cocky. “Niall Horan, age 19. Your birthday is September 13th and you’ll be 20. Tired out for the X-Factor in Dublin when you were 16. Katy Perry put you through and you vowed not to let her down. I remember that just like it was yesterday so I must be a fan. I guess I didn’t think you were letting the fame get to your head. Here’s my number and text me when your level-headed again. 

A week later I get a call. I have a feeling its him but then reality sets in, that he would never call me. I’m just a fan that he met in a local coffee shop and I was brave enough to tell him that I seriously think that fame was going to his head. You could hear my ringtone of ‘How to Save a Life’ from anywhere in my apartment. I didn’t know the number so I just let it ring and if it was that important they would leave me a message, so I hopped in the shower and belted out the words to ‘Best Song Ever’ again I heard my phone ring but this time it was ‘Rise Above 1’ meaning it’s my best friend Elliot, I quickly jumped out of the shower and threw on my bathrobe, put my hair up in a towel and ran into the living room.

“Hey!”

“Ellie, I don’t want to dump this all on you because you seem really happy for some reason but I don’t think we can be friends anymore, we are moving in different directions and remember when we were in grade school and I asked this girl named Alice out and you were the first person who knew that I liked her? And then you teased me about it when she was around, and then she ended up saying no? Honestly I think that’s your fault and I was going to wait until you got home in 4 weeks but I’ve been losing sleep thinking about this.”

“ Elliot, I didn’t know you felt this way, uh I guess I’ll leave you alone and uhm I’m sorry you feel that way but me and Alice weren’t really that good of friends so I don’t know why she would say no because of-“

“Listen; just forget everything we have been through slut.” Click. And he hung up just like that. I fell to the floor crying again feeling as almost as if I could never feel again or as if I’ll never find someone like Elliot he has been my best friend since 8th grade. We’ve been through a lot together, I told him stuff that I wouldn’t know what to do if it got out, I would have to move to London indefinitely. I mean that wouldn’t be bad but then I still have the chance to run into Niall Horan again, the cocky boy band sensation. Speaking of which I never checked to see if I had a voicemail. I was to hurt to care to be honest.

I could hear my front door busting open; I figured it was my host family welcoming me to the apartment they bought me for my birthday, but sprinting to my position on the floor was no other then Niall. What the heck was he doing here and how did he know where I lived, but that wasn’t my main concern, it was why he had pulled me onto his lap and is now wiping the tears off me face as if he really does love me.  But that could never happen.

“Niall what the heck are you doing here?”

“Ellie, I think the question at hand is why are you on the floor crying and why didn’t you answer my call. You said to call you when I wasn’t so self centered. And after having very serious talks with Greg about letting all the fame get to me,  he agreed with you 100% and I was such a total jerk that day and that you have his respect for saying what you said to me that day, it really made me think.”  

Later after I had let my emotions come out once again in front of him he asked if when I was ready if he could take me out to dinner. I had told him I’ll think about it as he kissed my cheek, I then watched him bound down the steps in front of my rural apartment in the big city of London that no matter if you’re famous you could still be you’re self. 

Vote and comment!