Savage

"Savage and wild, that one is."

That’s what he said when he pointed her out on the cliffside. I kind of thought he was joking. I kind of hoped he was, anyway. His warning came late. I was captivated already.

She stood at the edge of the cliff near the east scouting ledge, standing tall and immovable in the fading sunlight. Glimmers of gold, silver and the dull shine of well-used armor caught in the sunlight, showing off the emblem of Ravensworth armory. Her arms hung at her sides, too limp to be anything but battle ready at a moments' notice. 

How does a girl even know what to do with so many blades? She barely looks even half the weight of the broadsword on her back. I didn't dare stare at her for too long.

But I saw the marks when she dropped by the mess tent, they were visible from the slit in her left tunic sleeve, if you knew what you were looking for. 

The entire patch of sunburned skin was covered in blue, black and purple dots. Perfect round pinpricks of color.

Every dot represented a dueled match won.

I'd never seen so many on any one person. 

The Colonel thumped me on the back with a smirk as I choked on my mashed dinner. “I told you, boy.” He laughed."Savage and wild, that one is." 

I wondered, if maybe, she’d like to be my friend.