Chapter 1 - Moving In

Guys, please do not copy this book. Please, if you have a heart and a soul, and if you are human. Thank you, and enjoy the story! :)

Also, I am 13 years old. I am not an experienced writer, however the last two chapters are very descriptive. I hope you understand! :D

Chapter 1 -Moving In

Hi, my name is Mary. I am 14 years old, and I think I am the unluckiest teenager in the whole world.

It started when my mother and father moved into another house - again. It was much worse that the other previous houses I lived in - this one was much older and dirtier, and a bit bigger. My parents had decided to buy this house unlike the other ones, because it was very cheap.

We moved houses and towns about 5 times now in these two years, mostly because my father needed to travel around America for his job. Also my mother seemed to hate every house and place we stayed in, and I really hoped that my mom would at LEAST LIKE this house.

Also there was no school around this area, so I had to be homeschooled. I was slightly disappointed that I wouldn't have much if not any friends to hang out with in this small town.

I looked around the hall; it was wide, and the walls and floor were wooden. There were a few weird paintings hanging on the sides, showing some tall man in a suit. I stared at one of the paintings, trying to the if the man had a face. Strange; the man's face was blank, without any eyes, nose or mouth.

Well, maybe the painting got a little smudged, I thought. The other paintings had included the same strange man. Maybe he was the very first owner of the house?

"Mary, sweetie, come on! You have to unpack, and let me show you your room!" My mother shouted from the kitchen.

I smiled at the thought of having my own room - at the other houses I slept in the living room because we only had one bedroom. I took one last glance at the painting, and rushed towards my mother. I looked longingly upstairs, waiting for my mom the lead me to my bedroom.

Noticing were I was looking, my mother said, "Mary, your room is downstairs, on the ground floor,' she smiled.

"Oh." I mumbled. Mom led me to the door which was next to the stairs, and opened it. I gasped at the sight - I had my own room!

It was pretty big actually; it had a large wardrobe, a king sized bed, a huge mirror hanging on the wall, a desk and a large flat-screen TV. Almost all of the furniture was brought from our previous house to this one.

I lay down on the bed, legs hanging from the end. Heaven.

I looked to my right and noticed my suitcases lying on the floor, ready to be unpacked. I looked towards my mom, and said, "thank you."

Once she left the room, I quickly ran up to my suitcases and started unpacking. I was finished within ten minutes. I took the remote from my bed and switched on the TV - the news were on.

"Three children went missing in London due to kidnapping. If you recognise any of them, please call this number." The reporter said.

"Unbelievable," I exclaimed. I couldn't believe that the world was so dangerous these days.

"Mary, Thomas, come here! It's time for dinner!" My mom shouted. As if on cue, my stomach started to rumble. I quickly switched off the TV and went to the dining room.