New Girl

Dedicated to Tejesvini

Thanks for the 100k views.
Thanks for 7k votes. ❣

Happy horror.
👻💀👻

Chelsea switched on her phone and rolled over to the other side of her bed. She unlocked the phone and checked the time twice before she forced herself to get up for school. For Chelsea, Monday was the worst day of the week. She had to start all over again. Chelsea spent her weekend at her best friend Stella's house. Stella's father was away on a business trip to Australia and her mother usually spends most of her time inside her room, working on a new book.

It was the perfect opportunity for both of them to spend some time together. Though Chelsea's brother Andrew didn't want her to go, she wasn't the one to give up so easily. She waited till Andrew was asleep and then took off. She knew Andrew isn't going to be happy when he would find out in the morning. So, she made some pancakes and waffles for him and left a note on his bedside table. She came back home on Sunday after Andrew was asleep.

'I am late again.' She took her clothes which she had already picked last night, and hurried towards the bathroom.

'I'm not going to wait for you again.' Andrew said knocking at the bathroom door.

'Just give me 5 minutes.'

'Your time starts now', Andrew said irritatingly and left.

Getting ready, she checked her appearance in front of the mirror. Picking up her bag and shoes, she rushed downstairs to the kitchen. 'Hey! You look surprisingly fine. See, I'm finally ready on time.'

Andrew put his fork down on the table and said, 'Yup. I'm absolutely fine.' He looked down at his watch and continued, 'And you are twenty seven- minutes late to be precise.'

'What? Why didn't you call me?'

'Oh! I'm sorry. I should use a loudspeaker the next time I call you', he mocked.

Chelsea rolled her eyes at him, 'Can we please go now?'

Andrew picked up his bag and car keys. 'And by the way, you're going to find out the reason behind I look so fine.'

'Oh, my God. What did you do this time?'

Andrew said nothing and just stood there, smiling. They reached school just five minutes before their first class.

'I'm going to pick you up at 3. Call me', he said and went the other way while Chelsea almost slid across the hall to reach her locker.

'Detention! Not again. Ms Robinson's gonna kill me!, she said as she looked down at her watch.

Chelsea threw the bag in and searched for her history book inside her messy locker. Going through the pile of books and mashed balls of paper, she found a rotten apple, hiding behind her Chemistry file. 'It's been so long. I thought I left you somewhere.'

'You are not going to eat that, right?' A soft voice came from behind her.

Chelsea threw the apple back in its place and shut the locker behind her. A tall, dark- haired girl wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans, stood in front of her. 'Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you', she girl and smiled.

Chelsea raised an eyebrow. 'Are you new here?'

'Yeah', the girl replied.

'In the middle of the semester. Interesting.'

'Yeah well, it's a long story.', the girl replied.

'I love stories. Not reading, just listening.', Chelsea smiled.

'Hey, we should go. Ms Robinson doesn't sound like a fun teacher.'

'You heard that.' Chelsea's face turned red with embarrassment.

She held her book in her hands and locked her locker. Leading the way, Chelsea turned and started walking towards the class with the new girl.

'Same school, same class and I don't even know your name. By the way, I'm Chelsea, what's your name?', she asked.

The girl looked ahead and said, 'Margaret.'