Emelia (An Oli Sykes Story)

Emelia.

Chapter 1; Leaving home & Meeting the band.

''You be careful now, Emelia. Don't be drinking, or smoking, or having sex. These places can be dangerous, okay? You wouldn't want to end up pregnant by a pervert.'' My big brother Lance said sternly, whilst balancing his chubby, petite four year old daughter on his hip.

She had rosy red cheeks, and the chubbiest face you'd ever seen. Her blonde ringlets we tied back with a pink satin bow, her dress matched.

I don't know why my brother dressed her so poshly, especially when she'd be playing out in the yard, getting her lovely clothes ruined.

''I'm twenty four, Lance. I think I can take care of myself. Besides, you know I'm not into all of that stuff.'' I bit down on my lip, and ran a hand through my pin straight, black hip length hair.

''I know that, but be aware at all times. I don't want you ending up pregnant.''

I held in a scoff. Him and his childhood sweetheart, Madison had started having kids at quite a young age, well youngish.

Lance was thirty five now, and he had three kids. The oldest was eleven, then there was an eight year old, and a four year old.

And if you were wondering, I normally shared a house with my parents, but they were away on a cruise, so Lance and Madison were 'House Sitting' our homely mansion.

I will admit, we were a posh, well known, rich family. Everyone expected me to be perfect, and follow society's rules, but I kinda got annoyed with it all. I wanted to be different, for once. Not the perfect looking girl, in her perfect, expensive dress.

''I won't.'' I sighed. Sick of his never ending lecturing. ''I promise.'' I looked down at my watch and gasped. Was that the time?

''I suppose I had better go...'' I trailed off. ''My flight takes off soon, I wouldn't want to miss it.''

I was going away for the summer, to work at one of America's biggest music festivals. Warped Tour! I hadn't really listened to that type of music before, but my best friend, Grace found an ad in the newspaper. She was supposed to come too, but she decided against it. Well, more like her mother did, she hated people who were different too, just like my family. So alike.

Except for me though. I loved difference.

So I guess for the next few months, I'm the merch girl for The Broken Stars. (Authors Note: I made the name up c;) I was quite excited!

After I said my goodbyes to everyone, I climbed into the limo, and sighed happily. A summer away from my controlling family. A summer filled with lots of unknown faces and unknown places. Bring it on!

* * * * *

''Emelia, right?'' Chase, the lead singer winked. He had longish floppy hair, which was blonde, and looked to be very soft. It was unusual seeing a guy with such long hair.

''Yes.'' I nodded, outstretching my hand. ''Chase?''

I'd known his name because I spoke to him on the phone before I took the job, he seemed pleasant.

''You got it, babe.'' He shook my hand, and led me onto the bus. ''It's a little messy, but that's just because Cameron hasn't woken up yet.'' He laughed. ''He's the everythings-gotta-be-perfect-and-neat- kinda guy.''

I pursed my lips and let out a humourless chuckle. The bus was a disgrace, without being judgemental. But honestly... Empty beer cans were scattered everywhere, the crimson curtains were dragged down, and what looked to be cake was smeared all over them. A girl with short blue hair was sprawled on the sofa, an opened can in her hand.

I held in my look of disgust and tip toed over everything, standing in an empty space. I put my suitcases down and looked at Chase, who was looking at me curiously.

''Yes?'' I asked, feeling a little awkward. He shook his head, but carried on staring.

''Your costume... It's very interesting.'' He said finally, running his fingers through his hair. Costume? What costume- Uh.

I looked down at what I was wearing, a long white simple lace dress, with stockings underneath and white patent heels. My hair had tight curls running through it, and my best hat was placed on top of it.

''It's not a costume.''

His eyes widened and he gave a small chuckle. He carefully walked over to me, and fingered the diamond choker around my neck.

''Rich, huh?''

''Like that's any of your business.'' I stuck my nose in the air, and pulled away from him. He was being a little... Rude.

''You come to Warped Tour... WARPED Tour, and wear all your fancy gear, and you tell me it's none of my business. Darlin'...'' He winked. ''Your our merch girl, I wouldn't want you to sweat your sweet little face off.'' He added. ''Do you have any... Shorts, Tshirts, etc?''

''Shorts, and Tshirts.'' I gasped. ''Never have I wore such a thing. Way too revealing. Sorry.'' I shook my head.

''Here.'' He laughed, throwing an unopened plastic wrap at me, inside contained soft looking material. ''Wear these! We can go shopping later in the week, to get you new clothes and-''

''No. I'm very much fine wearing my dresses. Now, if you'll please show me to my room.''

Warped wasn't starting yet, it started in a couple days, so I had a couple days to sleep.

Chase let out a strained laugh and scratched the back of his neck. ''Actually, you have a bunk. Just like the rest of us.'' He smiled. ''Mandy,'' He pointed to the girl with short blue hair, that was still asleep on the sofa. Barbaric. ''She has the one bedroom. She shares it with her husband, Max, he's the drummer, she's the bassist.'' He continued. ''Anyway, long story short, she's expecting twins. She's only a few weeks gone, but they'd need the room.''

I looked at Mandy, then back up at Chase, then nodded. ''I understand.'' Although I wasn't that pleased. ''Where's my bunk, please?''

''It's the middle one on the left, under mine, and on top of Lei's. He's the guitarist.'' He winked. I nodded, and followed to where he was pointing.

''Thank you.'' I muttered. ''I'm going to have a little nap, if you don't mind.''

''Go ahead! Mostly everyone else is asleep too. I'm just gonna go and get in the groceries. Anything specific you'd like.''

''I'd be fine with fruits, vegetables and fruit juices.'' I nodded. He raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

''Alcohol?''

''I don't drink.'' I said proudly. He gave me another weird look. What's with him?

''You're about the only one.'' He chuckled, then his face turned serious. ''You get some sleep! Because after I come back, we're having a small meeting.''

I yawned, and nodded, before climbing into my bunk. ''Goodbye.''