Coming Soon: The War of Wind and Moon

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be announcing the next project I will be posting on Wattpad - I've missed writing for you all! With The War of Wind and Moon I will once again be delving into my favourite genre, contemporary fantasy, though on Wattpad that comes under Paranormal rather than Fantasy because it's set in the world we all inhabit with supernatural elements, rather than another world. 

Season One will begin Thursday, March 31st 2016 with new chapters posted on Thursdays, in text (here and on Wordpress) and podcast (read by me - eek!) available to stream on Soundcloud, iTunes and Podbean.

To be notified of new chapters you can follow my profile, add the story to a library and/or join my readers list to receive update emails from me and be first to know little extras about the world of WoWaM like: what exactly are Gossips and their fellow Shades? and; what are the real-world inspirations for the international locations we'll visit as WoWaM unfolds?

The first ideas for WoWaM came to me when I was fifteen, which was many years ago now, so I'm thrilled to be finally writing it and that I'll soon be sharing it with you. I hope you'll soon feel the same about reading it!

So to the important part: the teaser. Enjoy!

The War of Wind and Moon
Seventeen-year-old Mia trusts no-one. She wants to – she'd give almost anything to be able to – but when your survival depends on the acute awareness of every whim and mood swing of your narcissistic, rage-filled mother, anxiety becomes a default state. Expert at reading body language, facial expressions, vocal fluctuations – Mia is permanently prepared to fight, flee or freeze at the slightest hint of anger, aggression or even just disapproval. She's learned it's easier to be alone.

But Mia's not alone. When the people children are supposed to be safest with abuse them, it's common to develop this hyper-aware state. Doctors have a name for it: hyper-vigilance.
The recruitment scouts at Kazemoto Security (Supernatural Division) have a word for it, too: potential.