.6. Insults, Glares & George's Dilemma

Dedicated to xXAndiCandiXx, my new friend and fellow ninja!

.6. Insults, Glares & George’s Dilemma

I sat uncomfortably in the infirmary, watching over Neville, whom was wrapped up in crisp sheets, silent and unmoving. Madam Pomfrey had told me that there was no permanent damage, mostly just shock. It also turned out, though Neville had only complained of being hungry, that he was dehydrated – hence why he fainted.

I caught Madam Pomfrey’s eye, causing her to come scurrying over. “Listen dear, I’m sure Mr. Longbottom will be perfectly fine in the morning – he hasn’t been cursed, or hexed – in fact, I can’t see any signs of injury at all. Why don’t you go up to bed now, dear? You’ll be doing Mr. Longbottom more good being cheerful in the morning when he wakes up, rather than a tired old zombie!” She laughed and tottered away, tending to a first-year Hufflepuff who had fell off a broom.

I sighed, deciding that it would be best to go to bed. Tiredly, I got up from the chair and placed a light kiss on Neville’s forehead. “I’ll be back tomorrow, I promise. Get better, Neville, please!” I walked out of the infirmary quietly, not wanting to disturb any of the other patients. Making my way up the first staircase, I mentally prepared myself for the bombard of questions I was going to receive from Nina and Hannah once I got inside the dormitory.

~~~

Lucy Mae’s POV

I was stuck in the stupid infirmary, after getting into a duel with that brat Pansy Parkinson – it was entirely her fault, she started shouting at me, claiming that I stole her “precious Drakey-boo-boo”! Honestly, who wouldn’t laugh if somebody said that? Then, she had the cheek to hex me (all because I laughed!), causing a massive boil to appear on my forehead. Naturally, I acted in self-defence, by stunning her. So now I was stuck in the infirmary, waiting for that stupid, slow nurse to come tend to my boil, which was really getting on my nerves!

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, and I turned to see Madam Pomfrey talking to that Weasley girl, Ginny. I looked towards the bed she was sitting next to, seeing no other than Longbottom! Longbottom! Draco and the rest of the Slytherins were going to get a laugh out of this! I mean, honestly, Longbottom has a friend!

To my utter astonishment and disgust, the Weasley girl stood up and kissed Longbottom’s forehead! She whispered something too low for me to hear, and then walked out! Longbottom has a girlfriend! I cackled internally at the thought.

Oh, wait until tomorrow, when the news gets round, I thought evilly, she won’t know what she’s got herself into!

~~~

Ginny's POV

The next morning, I got dressed speedily, eager to rush down to the infirmary. It seemed like fate was on my side, as Nina and Hannah had been fast asleep when I had got to the dormitory the night before, and when I woke up I was alone.

I contemplated going to the Great Hall for breakfast, but then I decided to skip breakfast entirely, just so I could see Neville quicker. I knew my stomach would protest later on, but for now I was content with just seeing Neville. I literally leapt down the stairs, ignoring the strange looks I got from passersby. I just hope that he's awake, I thought nervously.

I had nearly reached the infirmary, when I was stopped by Lee Jordan. "Ginny!" He smiled, nervously. "I 'kinda have a proposition for you..." I raised my eyebrows, wordlessly telling him to continue. "LetmeoffthehookandI'lltellyouwhereGeorgeishiding!" Lee said in a rush, coming out as a complete garble of nonsense.

"Sorry Lee, but you're going to need to repeat that. Maybe later, I really need to go see if Neville's awake-"

Lee interrupted, "I said: Let me off the hook and I'll tell you where George is hiding!" He smiled sheepishly, waiting my reply.

I crossed my arms. "Mhm... Well, I suppose..." I trailed off.

Lee beamed at me. "Thank you, Ginny! George is hiding in the Room of Requirement, know the place?" I nodded. "So, you know how it works?" I nodded again, very much feeling like a nodding dog. "Well, just think; 'I need a place to hide,' that should get you there!"

"Thank you Lee!" I smiled, walking away in the direction of the infirmary. "Oh, for your information," I called over my shoulder, "I never was in a mood with you! Once I thought about it, I could only blame my brothers!"

The look on Lee's face was priceless.

 Still laughing as I walked into the infirmary, I made my way over to Neville's section. To my utter delight, there was Neville, sitting up and looking perfectly fine! I gave off an embarrassingly high-pitched squeal. "Neville!" I rushed over to his made and gave him a tight hug.

Neville laughed, smiling brightly. "Hey Ginny! Madam Pomfrey's just filled me in on everything. Did I really faint?" He asked brightly, as if fainting was no problem at all.

"Yes, yes you did faint Neville! It was not nice, I'm telling you! Now, what did my brothers do to you?" I practically demanded. George was in huge trouble anyway, so I might as well be informed off the specifics! I thought cheerfully, because I already knew I was going to be writing to Mum about the whole matter, and George would be slaughtered once Mum found out!

Neville turned a slight shade of pink. "I...I don't want to talk about it, Ginny." He muttered quietly, so quiet I nearly had to ask him to repeat himself.

I placed my hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "Don't worry Neville, I understand, but I swear, whatever they did to you, they'll get punished for it! That's a promise for sure!"

“Really, Ginny, it’s perfectly fine! You don’t need to get them into trouble just because they caused me to faint! It happens!” Neville said worriedly. “Honestly, it’s no problem – I forgive them fully!”

I laughed dryly. “Neville, they could of hurt you! They gagged and bound you! That’s taking away your freedom! Nobody has the right to do that! Well, maybe some...” My mind travelled to the Dark Lord, causing me to shudder. Memories began to surface... possessio-

No! I will not think of that again! I thought angrily and forcefully – never should I relieve those memories!

“Ginny, are you okay?” Neville asked anxiously, causing me to suddenly snap back into the present with a jolt.

“Yes...yes, I’m fine!” I said faintly. “Oh, what am I doing? I almost forgot!” I planted a large, lingering kiss on Neville’s soft, unsuspecting lips. “Feel better?” I laughed as Neville nodded.

A cold, icy voice pierced the air. “Mr. Longbottom, Miss. Weasley, this is an infirmary, not a children’s kissing booth!” We turned round to see a very red-faced Professor Snape, looking extremely livid.

“Sorry Professor,” Neville and I muttered in unison, blushing furiously but keeping hold of each other’s hands, which had somehow joined in the kiss.

Another voice sounded from the corner of the infirmary. “Hello Professor! Crabbe, Goyle and I were just checking up on Lucy here...” Draco trailed off and cocked his head at Neville and I, only just noticing us. “And who’s this here? Longbottom and Weasley! Look Crabbe, Goyle, Longbottom’s got himself a girlfriend!” The Slytherin group erupted into taunting laughter.

Oh, no. What had Neville and I got ourselves into?

~~~

Hello guys, Bee here! (Well, who else were you expecting? Santa? Sorry, but he's busy right now!) As I have explained in J.A.M...(Just A Muggle...) I'm trying to make my A/Ns simpler. So here we go:

- I'd like to take the time to thank everybody supporting this story!! You have no idea how it feels to log in and find votes and comments waiting for me!!

- Vote if you liked the chapter? Comment, please and thank-you?

- Please continue to support/read this story!

~Bee =)