Prologue

As the car crashed into us, I couldn't help but think if all of us would make it out alive, some dead, or all dead. I didn't want Ben to die, and for me to live. I loved him to much for me to be without him. If he died, I would want to die too. But if I were to die, and he were to live, then I would wish him the best.

Then I thought of Mike in the backseat. Drunk as he was, he was still Ben's best friend. Then I thought of Bri, sitting next to Mike, her pale face now even paler because I couldn't pay attention to where I was going, or what was happening.

It kept replaying in my mind. I could hear Ben yelling at me because I told my friend Drea she could stay at our house until she found a place to stay, without asking him about it. Bri was in the backseat telling him to stop, that it wasn't that big of a deal. But he wouldn't. Mike, even with his drunkenness, tried to help me. I looked at the two of them in the mirror. I could see in Mike's eyes, he wanted to say that hes there, he has my back.

Bri was crying, scared that Ben would turn around and start lashing his anger out on her. My best friend had tried to save me.

Tears swelled in my eyes, making everything blurry. I quickly blinked them away. Not that it helped. Right as I was turning left, Ben grabbed the steering wheel, with a malicious look in his eyes. I screamed and Bri grabbed his arm and pulled it away from the wheel. Mike smacked Ben in the back of the head, as if he was over the flow of alcohol in his body.

I finally gained control over the car, and I drove. The light in front of me turned yellow right as I pulled up to it, but I kept going. I thought I would be able to make it past. But the light turned red, right at the last second, right as I pulled into the intersection. The screeching of tires filled my ears.

Bri screamed. Her face was drowned of blood, she looked like a ghost.

Then the car hit. The look on Ben's face was etched into my mind, along with Bri and Mike's. They had trusted me, and I had let them down.

Everything went black.