Part 9- An Army is Needed Against the Phandom

I gaped at her phone and went onto the other tabs. On each tab, there was the same photo of Dan and I, plus a few others from different time periods, both inside and outside the party. The person who’d uploaded them had done it anonymously, of course, but in my mind, it wasn’t difficult to select a prime suspect.

My mind ached and my blood boiled even at the thought of her name. When I get angry, I get freaking angry, and a little bit/a lot aggressive…

“I’m so sorry, Mia,” Lucy said quietly. I dragged myself away from my gremlin, back to looking at the phone, being sat next to Lucy on a bench in London.

“At least I know that the photos are there now,” I murmured, handing Lucy her phone back. Lucy watched me as she closed all of the tabs. She mumbled an agreement before getting up and pulling me up with her.

My mind was foggy, confused. If these photos were on the internet, the Randomers and the Phandom knew. I was going to be slaughtered. I’d have to change my identity, stop making videos, change my Tumblr url. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any doubt in me that the fangirls would find me and kill me with their bare hands for kissing ‘their Dan’.

“Mia?” Lucy said hesitantly, reaching out to take my arm. “Are you okay going home by yourself?”

I shook my head, shaking away the fog, leaving it to be a faint mist instead. “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me…yet. I’ll let you know if anything happens! Um, good luck with Declan!” I gave her a hug and speed walked towards the nearest roadside to flag down a taxi.

“Bye, Mia!”

“See you soon, Lucy!” I called back over my shoulder as I climbed into the taxi which had appeared for me. I gave the driver Dan and Phil’s address before searching for my headphones so that I wasn’t going to be left alone with my own thoughts of how I was going to interrogate Shannon, kill Shannon and then try and survive the fangirls.

                                                                                                …

When I got up to their apartment, I unlocked the door with my new key and walked in to the sounds of talking. I shut the door behind me and followed the sound of conversation and laughter, entering the lounge to find Shannon there with Dan and Phil, all of them sat on the three person sofa with the TV talking to itself in the corner of the room.

“Hey, Amelia!” Shannon said cheerily. “How was your day out?” I didn’t bother to stop the scowl from entering my features. Phil looked over at me worriedly and Dan cast me an apologetic look.

“It’s Mia,” I replied firmly, sitting down in one of the single chairs. “It was fine, thanks.” That smile she was giving me looked like a shark was flashing its teeth at me; deadly.

“How were Lucy and the museum?” Dan asked, turning round to face me and resting his head in his hands.

I smiled truthfully at him. “Lucy and I had fun. We filmed a vlog for her channel and had lunch. Lucy got the waiter’s number.” Dan and Phil chuckled whilst Shannon continued to smile at me.

We were silent for a moment, whilst I took of my coat and unwound my scarf from my neck, before Shannon spoke again. “So, Maya, I was just here to apologize. The twins persuaded me to drink quite a lot at the party. I wasn’t myself. I hope that we can still be friends?”

Friends? With you? She has got to be shitting me.

“Sure,” I purred, tensing my fingers on the arm of the chair.