1. The Blue Dress

This chapter is dedicated to @t-e-r-e-s-a (: thank you for the wonderful cover!

Harry Styles

The name Blair Thomas was written on the theatre showings board for the fifth week in a row. Truly, I had gotten interested in the mysterious blonde headed girl who gracefully waltzed across the large stage; this I won't deny.

But, she hasn't noticed me. I always sit in the red movie theater-like chair that was in the middle of the front row.

From that view, I can even see the sweat that could drip down her temple while she twirled around and around.

"Ticket for one, please." I mutter to the teenager in the booth.

She eyes me before blowing a pink bubble and popping it; causing a loud crack in the air between us.

"Thirteen ninety-nine, sir." The raven haired girl replies. I slide the cash onto the counter and impatiently wait to receive my pass inside.

Once I have it, I stuff my hands into the pockets of my coat and hurry inside. I do the usual routine by handing the ticket to the ticket taker; buy a large water bottle; and finally I hurry inside the enormous theatre and take my seat.

More and more people trickle in soon after, making their chatter echo off the walls. I pick at my water bottle cap until soft music begins to play and the lights dim low.

Blair is in a flowy blue dress tonight; glitter covered her pale skin and her curly blonde hair. The dress brings out her bright blue eyes that had long, dark lashes surrounding them. She gives a slight nod to the audience and a wide smile before raising her arms to her chest.

The fabric clings to her body; showing off every curve and flat area on her. The dress floats behind her as she tiptoes across the stage with bare feet.

I picture us both in a pearly white kitchen with a granite top counter; Blair laughing while we sing and horribly dance on top of the hardwood floor.

I've crushed on her since she moved into this small town. She was the news that seeped from every neighbors lips; the big talk of the town that was perched in northern Iowa.

I want so badly to hold her slim waist in my palms; to brush my nose with hers before our lips meet; and-

My grip on the water bottle tightens, interrupting the music and silence of her performance due to its noisy crunch and crackle of the plastic.

My eyes dart to the floor then back up at Blair, who was staring at me for the first time in five weeks.

She's never noticed me; until now.