Prologue

(Mystery Man)

It was just before sunrise. Maybe today, I would be lucky enough and find something valuable. It's been over three months since i've been secretly crossing the border into The Reach to steal those bastards' goods.  They call themselves the "golden ones" but all i see is a bunch of ungrateful shits. They pissed me off. While my mom was dying in my cramped little house, if you called that small space a house, the "golden ones" were partying, throwing away valuable medicine because it "tasted bad". Ugh, disgusting. 

I cautiously looked around my surroundings and quietly moved up the tree. It was 5 in the morning and was dead tired. I had to find SOMETHING today because my mother's deathbed was coming closer. As i sat on the thick branch deep in thought, I looked down to realize there was a steady flow of people coming out onto the streets. I squinted trying to find anything that would be of value to me. Ten minutes into my search and still nothing. I groaned internally until i caught sight of a red haired beauty. Holy shit. She was beautiful- absolutely breathtaking. I stared at her intensely watching her every move as she shifted around on the wooden bench. I HAD to know who she was. Right there and then i realized that she was meant for me. She was the light that i had been waiting for. She had to be by my side forever. While gazing at her, she suddenly got up blending into the crowd. I jumped down instantly, unnoticed by the others as i followed this mysterious beauty deeper into the reach. 

I had never been this far into this region knowing the dangers that awaited me. I could be KILLED, but that didn't seem so significant anymore. My main motive- my new purpose in life, was to protect the red-headed angel, make love to her every night until she dropped tired, and have a new life with her. Her face, her sweet luscious red lips, her naked body would be all mine. I imagined my hand sliding up her waist and touching her, her hands around my- no. My jeans hardened and I could feel the throbbing of what she would have grabbed. I wouldn't be able to keep myself from taking her right now if I dreamed away. I kept a steady stride making sure that her ass wouldn't leave my sight and saw her trail up to a house. It was surrounded by a tall red fence but that didn't stop me from jumping over as she entered the door. This must be her house! I couldn't help but grin. Now I knew where she lived. Now I could sneak to her house everyday and watch her through the window. I would be able to be so close to her, to feel the breath of her while she sleeps.  All i had to do was come up with a plan. A plan to make her fall so deep in love with me that she would follow me everywhere I go. She would be begging for my attention. Begging for me to go again in bed as I grab her waist. I felt my heart beating fast. I knew what I had to do to get her to fall in love with me. 

I had it. I had it in the palms of my hands, the master plan.

I snuck back into the streets and started heading home. As i neared the border to The Hole, i took my chance when the guards weren't paying attention and sprinted home. I ran past the food shelter straight into the subway station. I pushed my way through the crowd ignoring the shouts, entering the dull green door past the bathroom. 

"Mommy! I'm home!" i said as i entered her room.

She opened her eyes and looked me dead in the eye. She looked worse than before. "Honey? Where's the medi-"

"Mommy,shut up."

"But my medi-"

"I said shut up! Today i met the girl of my dreams! I'm going to marry her. I need your permission! I love her. I love her more than i have ever loved you."

"What?" she croaked. "Marriage? You? Ha.  You're a useless, stupid, boy. As long as i'm stuck in this house, you will too."

"But mom. I know where she liv-"

"I SAID NO. You retard! My medicine. Bring it to me now."

I laughed. Who was she to tell me who i could and couldn't marry? "Mom?"

"What."

I pointed to the black shelf next to her bed. "Your ashes go here when you die." 

I chuckled as I walked out as she coughing up blood.

Now there was NOTHING that could keep my angel apart from me. I smiled. 

Now that i knew where she lived, i would be able to carry out my master plan. I would take away the one thing that she wouldn't be able to live without. Her gold bracelet.