Beginning

(Okay, this story isn't quite done as you can tell, but I will add, edit, and hope that this short story seems good enough for my readers. Please read some of my other works, add to libraries, fan, comment, etc., y'all know the usual pleads!)

=^.^=

P.S: Thank you for the amazing cover drea_smiles!!!! 8D

  In the beginning, the existence was a dead, empty space amongst nothing. Small stars would twinkle every few days but would immediately die, being shrouded once again in the black. Sometimes a star would keep growing and its brilliance would guide others towards it as if a rebellion against the black to form a glowing ball of white. Unfortunately the results were the same; Darkness would rule over Light with an iron fist.

          Ignis, the first maiden to all, was a trapped being when it came to her husband. Creperum through the endless eternities they have been together claiming to be an equal, allowed her no freedom of her own realm. She would secretly urge the stars to let themselves shine the way they've longed to since birth and some would except her courage and grow becoming a worthy leader of the universe. But as I said before, Darkness ruled over Light with an iron fist, immediately blaming the stars for rebellion and swallowing it into the always empty stomach.

          "Why, dear husband?" Ignis would shriek with her light blue eyes overflowing with salty tears that reddened the soft pale skin from which they glided over, "Why must you always destroy that which is mine?"

          Creperum never gave a reply to this constant cycle until one day. His dark face shape-shifted into a thoughtful and kind being, his dark brown eyes softening at his lover's mourning. "My beauty," Creperum said in a soft, cooing voice as if to calm an infant, "You must understand. I am much stronger than you in muscle and heart." His scruff bordered lips curled into an evil grin at that moment and cupped a massive palm against Ignis's pale cheek. "Surely you can understand sweet Ignis, the only true glow that I am saving you."

          This statement angered Ignis dramatically, but she wished not to bring trouble down onto her tyrant and faded into the black from her husband's side. He was so arrogant in his own rule over the black that he did not realize his wife didn't understand; without the help of her stars, there was no chance for anything pure to grow...She was sure that Creperum knew this fact only allowing his servants which he named The Dwellers to travel through the black hunting down each star.

          She knew this fact so well that within the blouse of her shining white gown, she hid one star that she named her Sun. As brilliantly bright as her lush blonde hair, the Sun was the oldest star that Creperum never found a hint about, even with his Dwellers scouting. She knew that within a matter of time the Sun would be to ginormous to conceal and Creperum would surely try to destroy it, but a purpose was needed in this abyss and she would defy her lover to meet her goal.

          Soon though, one Dweller managed to spot the sun in the palm of her hands accidentally alerting the mistress. "Please simple Dweller," Ignis pleaded to the horned crimson beast, "Do not sound an alarm. Creperum is much too greedy to allow me any freedom in this shadow of a home." The Dweller at first found this nothing but ridiculous pleading from the woman, but oddly enough found itself curious about this Sun. When asking, the Dweller discovered Ignis's plan and was quickly entranced in the idea of lives instead of stars to torment.

          "If I am granted permission by you, my glowing mistress, then I shall help you guard this particular star on one condition." When asked to by Ignis, the Dweller continued, "If you are successful in the creation of life, then I wish to become an eternal tormentor to them after their time is done." The White One was astonished at this request having almost forgotten all living things come to an end, and, reluctantly, accepted the request. "Good, now I should allow you my given name Mistress Ignis, I am known as Satan."