Chapter 5

I wasn't leaving anytime soon. I wanted to know why Aiden and Jace were here. 

"No, he'll hurt him!" I whined 

"Or you", Jace looked down at me. 

I knew Jace was right but I wasn't going to just leave because he said so. I knew how Shain's temper worked, and it wasn't like Aiden's. I'd never seen Aiden mad like this, he's always so calm. Shain and I have argued a lot, he'd made me cry, worry, and love him. Not in the way I loved Aiden, Aiden is my protector but I seem to be Shain's protector, I'm always defending him when I shouldn't. I have a nothing-will-ever-change-our-friendship kind of love with Shain, I have to fight for it but I have it and I am not letting go of it. He'd broken my heart and put it back together again. He was the first guy to make me cry. I've never had him try to physically hurt me. No matter how much he deserved it, I couldn't sit around and let him get pulverized. 

Stepping around Jace I got in front of Aiden, where he had Shain pinned against the wall. The vein in his neck was popped out, I knew he wasn't going to just snap out of it, standing in front of him. "Aiden", I repeated his name until he looked at me, hard blue eyes going soft. "Aiden, stop. Be the bigger person." He stepped back for a second. "So you're just gonna let him go after what he did?" Aiden snapped. 

"Aiden go to the car", he started walking out the door as Jace turned to leave. 

"No Jace don't leave." I turned my head as I spoke. Turning my head back to Shain, "it's probably best if you leave now so I can lotion up to the thought of you, or you can take care of it", he rudely grinned. I kneed him. I moved my head to his ear even though he was still trying to slide down the wall. "Maybe when you can behave like you and I both know you can I'll come back, but until then you can scar yourself. When you get to hurtin' again do not call me." I kneed him one more time for good luck and walked away with Jace following, only to find Aiden leaned up against the back of the couch with his arms crossed in the living room. 

"I thought I told you to go to the car." 

"Yeah well I didn't want to have to run all the way back through the house." I could tell this would be an argument later. 

Jace chimed in, "He wasn't going to touch her with me around but it seems your baby doll here is a little scraper, bad-ass move must I say", he was smiling. 

Aiden looked at me, "what did you do?" 

"Later, after we get in the car and you explain why you're here and not on your family night." I kissed his cheek. 

... 

Sitting in the backseat of Jace's car, the silence was killing me. I finally asked why Aiden and Jace showed up in the first place. 

"Well about twenty-minutes after I got out of the shower my mom got called in and my brother decided to go hang with Steve so I was gonna hang at home and wait for you." Makes sense. Aiden's mom is a nurse, mostly on call. 

Jace took over where Aiden left off. "So I called Aiden to see if he wanted to get the gang back together and hang out like we used to and that's how we end up at Shain's, to see if ya'll wanted to come hang to." I sat there a second. "So I guess that won't happen with all that's going on." 

Aiden laughed, "we'll just leave a couple people out til the dust settles because we all know that nothing will come between you and Shain..no matter how much people don't like it", he lost all the happiness in his voice," but while we are waiting for apologizes and late night heart to hearts we will just add in a couple replacements."