The Touch of a Hand

"The Labyrinth" were the only words carved into the strange little red book. (y/n) was strangely drawn to the book resting upon the dusty shelf in the fiction section of the run down bookstore. She gently reached for the book with much care, if only she knew what she had done when she marked the book as her own.

    She felt something change with the book once she was safely home. (y/n) swiped the strange novel from her messenger bag as she placed herself resting against the wooden headboard of her bed. She cautiously exposed the previously blank pages to the world in her room. She wanted to scream in fear inside, but a wave of contempt and excitement washed over her as she ran her fingers down the freshly written pages of the book. "The Labyrinth" she whispered in gaze of the enchanted book being held her hands as she began to read the endless tale.

    As the king was tossing his crystal sphere his eyes fixed on an empty wall. Years, years he has been doing this since Sarah had left him in ruins. He stopped suddenly, a new warmth welcoming the labyrinth. "A girl, she has found my book" he half smiled to himself warmly. He held his crystal in front of him. "Show me the girl" He whispered into it. Nothing happened. He began to lose faith. He clutched the sphere in his hands enraged that the labyrinth had lied to him. His face softened, "Beautiful" he whispered in amazement. Her hair was a (h/c) as it cascaded down her back. She looked like the age of 19 years. Her skin was a soft (skin) color. Her eyes were glued to the book.

    She felt uneasy as if someone was staring at her. Her eyes shot up to her mirror. She slowly descended her bed and walked over, standing in front of the mirror. Unknown to her, she was staring straight at the goblin king. She reached her hand to touch the mirror, she stopped almost an inch away from her fingertips grazing the mirror, "(y/n) were home!" her mother called out. She smiled racing downstairs. "How was the trip?" (y/n) asked her parents as she hugged them one by one. She made sure to be careful with her mother. "Two more months and you'll have a new baby sister." (Y/M/N) smiled warmly as she stroked your hair. "The trip was lovely, and well needed, your mother gave me a heart attack!" your father chuckled carrying your mother's suitcases upstairs. "It was only cramp! your father thought I was givin' birth" She chuckled. "I'm glad you're home mother" she smiled up at her mother.

"Goodnight mother, goodnight father" she called out to them sprinting up the stairs to her bedroom before closing the door to change. Unknown to her an owl was perched on outside her window watching her sleep soundly. 'She's different than her, she intrigues me' he thought to himself.